DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Set strict guidelines for flight?

J3ffrey

Reactions
I've got some younger family members who I'd love to be able to let fly and use the goggles at the same time.. 9 and 10 years old.. thinking that Tripod mode + limiting the altitude + giving them a small radius on a football field would be good.

- Is there anyway to set a minimum altitude?
Thinking 200 ft max altitude, but also 50 ft at the lowest (until the battery dies, or the limitation is removed).

- A way to set max distance from the controller? ie. Mavic must stay 10 feet away from controller at all times?

- Is there any other safety settings you can think of that would be good to use?

The drone is insured w/ state farm (and I'm okay with it if they do end up crashing it) and I've already told them that they must have some kind of sun glasses on.

Thanks for any advice.

Thinking 200 ft max altitude, but also 50 ft at the lowest (until the battery dies, or the limitation is removed).

- A way to set max distance from the controller? ie. Mavic must stay 10 feet away from controller at all times?
These are nice ideas, but they cannot be done. The best you could do is hook up a second Mavic remote controller and override their stick movements if needed.

These are nice ideas, but they cannot be done. The best you could do is hook up a second Mavic remote controller and override their stick movements if needed.
okay - I guess I could just jump in front of them and let it hit me if they send it on a collision course with them.

I've got some younger family members who I'd love to be able to let fly and use the goggles at the same time.. 9 and 10 years old.. thinking that Tripod mode + limiting the altitude + giving them a small radius on a football field would be good.

- Is there any other safety settings you can think of that would be good to use?

The drone is insured w/ state farm (and I'm okay with it if they do end up crashing it) and I've already told them that they must have some kind of sun glasses on.

Thanks for any advice.
Wouldn't higher be safer? Less to hit up there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc