DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting exposure with goggles?

Lee Snook

Reactions
What methods are available for setting the proper exposure when using the goggles.
Since the goggle don't have a histogram or over exposure lines, how do you determine
that the image is properly exposed?
When using a tablet, I can press the C2 button on the controller for center exposure; Even though the manual states that C1 and C2 are now the Fn and Back buttons on the goggles, only C1 seems
to work for focusing.
Second question; With the goggles on, pressing the Fn button places a crosshair on the screen
who's position is controlled by head movement. After moving the crosshair to the desired position,
what button is pressed to set that focus point.

Last edited:
This is one of my favorite things about the goggles! I find setting the shutter speed (and even explore how the color profiles behave) with them is far more intuitive than the GO app display and graph.

What I do is simply start at a slow shutter speed and then bring it up step by step, while having some sky in the frame, and stop once the sky isn't over exposed. If at that point the darker parts of the scene are gone, I consider using a color profile that offers more contrast, although my favorite profile 'film' (otherwise known as 'beach') has proven to be very usable.

As to your questions, I used the GO app to leave the camera in manual mode, and then when flying with goggles I just roll the wheel to change shutter rate.

As far as the cursor head tracking to set focus, you press the 5D button in I recall.

Where do you adjust the shutter speed on the goggles? Is there a way to adjust the aperture? Should we use the GO app on a tablet to set everything before we fly with the goggles?

Where do you adjust the shutter speed on the goggles? Is there a way to adjust the aperture? Should we use the GO app on a tablet to set everything before we fly with the goggles?
First, it is better to start a new thread than to add to one that is almost 4 years old.

You can set the camera settings via the shoot/record button in the Goggles. If you need more I can fire mine up and be more precise.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MSPencer