DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting Litchi waypoints to take stills

With RAW photos you can post process them as needed for better image clarity, sharpness, exposure, dynamic range and color. If you shoot with JPG's, you cant post process them as much. I shoot most everything in RAW, but when doing shots when I am in a hurry and don't want to keep them, I will use JPG's also.
If you simultaneously shoot both DNG and JPG, you can do a quick mockup with the JPG files, and then go back and get the best image possible using the DNG's. I do something very similar to that for Spherical Panoramas, using the single pano image stitched by the camera on the drone on the microSD card to check for completeness and worthiness, and then work up the original files that created it, by saving originals during the shooting, to get better quality with professional stitching software like PTGui or PanoramaStudio 3 Pr, that I also use to create web output files to make it interactive, and hyperlink the panoramas together within the images.

Reactions: AMann
I tried setting up a mission hub project to take many overlapping stills of a field. For Actions at each waypoint, I used "Stay for 5 seconds" to get the drone stabilized before each shot, and then "Take Photo" to get a still shot. During the flight, the drone did not stop at any of the waypoints and only took a single long movie of the entire flight. Where did I go wrong? If you don't mind, please feel free to look at the attached mission file link.

I ran a different waypoint mission using DJI's Pilot app and it worked very well, but I'd rather use Litchi if I can get it to work.

Thanks!
not sure if anyone else replied with this info as i have not read the full thread but it could be that you had set 'curved turns' in Path Mode, this will not allow any instructions to be executed, so must set 'straight line' mode.

Reactions: mereflyer and AMann
not sure if anyone else replied with this info as i have not read the full thread but it could be that you had set 'curved turns' in Path Mode, this will not allow any instructions to be executed, so must set 'straight line' mode.

The profile that was posted did not have curved turns set.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman