DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting random flight boundaries

Crouching Leopard

Reactions
Hi. I have recently started doing real estate photography work with my M2 pro. Often, I find myself having to fly uncomfortably close (sometimes less than a couple of hundred yards) to major freeways etc whilst at the same time having to focus on capturing both close and long distance shots of properties which will be accepted by the agent.

I remember some time back looking at an app which allowed the pilot to set random no fly boundaries beyond which the drone would not go. For example, if flying in a park next to a school, you could set a boundary line beyond which the drone would not fly. This could be of any shape and not just linear. I though the app was Litchi but cant find it in there. Any idea which apps might have this function, or is it Litchi and I am just not looking in the right place. Thanks

Reactions: RodPad
Being able to define your own boundaries sounds like a very useful idea, If nothing else it would allow Joe public to test what happens when the drone approaches a NFZ etc. without the 'risk' of approaching a real one.

Perhap, as a requested feature for all DJI control apps, you could post the idea on the. DJI forum, though I doubt it will do any good, especially for Go & Go4 or perhaps it will just be filed in the bin.... but we can but try lol.

Being able to define your own boundaries sounds like a very useful idea, If nothing else it would allow Joe public to test what happens when the drone approaches a NFZ etc. without the 'risk' of approaching a real one.

Perhap, as a requested feature for all DJI control apps, you could post the idea on the. DJI forum, though I doubt it will do any good, especially for Go & Go4 or perhaps it will just be filed in the bin.... but we can but try lol.
I will try but in my experience it will go nowhere. I found a potentially serious bug in Go4 waypoints and reported the full details. It went nowhere and 18 months later the flaw is still there.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Thanks for the responses Maven! I forgot I had looked at that app. When I looked previously I had only occassional need for such a feature, but now doing real estate work its a serious consideration. I too usually go Android but I find the ipad mini is much better for flying my Mavics. Maven, here I come!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60