DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting up a 'no-fly zone' within your backyard

supcarlos

Reactions
Hello Mavic pilots!

I recently came across a YouTube video where someone was talking about how some drone mnf. is able to set up a virtual ' no fly' zone, as to avoid a section within their property. As I heard, this is only applicable to his own drone, and not others.

Does anyone know if DJI supports such a feature?

Also, how does everyone feel about such feature? I have some trees in the back of my yard, I have gotten my Mavic stuck up there in the past, I'm thinking it would be nice to have such a feature.

discussion.. GO!

It seems DJI doesn’t offer this feature for Mavic or Phantom models. If they did would you trust it? GPS accuracy can vary enough that you would need to leave a healthy margin for error in defining the extents of the zone. I can also imagine many in dispute with DJI over liability if you still manage to crash.

Reactions: old man mavic
It seems DJI doesn’t offer this feature for Mavic or Phantom models. If they did would you trust it? GPS accuracy can vary enough that you would need to leave a healthy margin for error in defining the extents of the zone. I can also imagine many in dispute with DJI over liability if you still manage to crash.
Latter is probably the strongest point in DJI’s logic to avoid product liability.

Latter is probably the strongest point in DJI’s logic to avoid product liability.
Not hard to see why- it isn’t rare to see the “its not fair my drone is ruined because I managed to fly sideways into a power wire in total darkness because the obstacle detectors didn’t work- I’m starting a class action lawsuit if I don’t get a brand new one immediately”....

flying a drone requires concentration, observance, and a certain type of skill to do successfully, it is possible to set a distance limit in the app so that the drone will geofence at that distance, or just fly in learner mode ,or better still you could set up a waypoint mission that stayed within your boundary area, but really just learn to fly the darn thing or get another hobby

Yuneec had user defined geofencing in the H I had. Tried it once to see how it worked but never used it again. Never felt the need tbh

Wouldn't it be easier to just not fly your drone into the trees?
HAHA My thoughts exactly.....seems so much easier to just say, look, a tree, do not fly into it. :D :D :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S