DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Several menu/app issues with Mavic 2 Pro/DJI Go 4

marcbyron

Reactions
Hi,

I didn't use my drone for a couple of months and recently started it up again. I noticed a couple of oddities in the app, for which I can't seem to find an online solution:

- When going into settings, I can only access "General Settings" (see screenshot), there are no other menus available. I would like to calibrate the IMU for example and try other settings
- The menu button to access the Intelligent flight modes is gone. The icon appears when the DJI Go app starts, but disappears shortly thereafter
- My flight records are not showing any recent flights

general-settings.PNG

missing-menu.PNG

Hi,

I didn't use my drone for a couple of months and recently started it up again. I noticed a couple of oddities in the app, for which I can't seem to find an online solution:

- When going into settings, I can only access "General Settings" (see screenshot), there are no other menus available. I would like to calibrate the IMU for example and try other settings
- The menu button to access the Intelligent flight modes is gone. The icon appears when the DJI Go app starts, but disappears shortly thereafter
- My flight records are not showing any recent flights

Maybe delete +reinstall the app.

Already done that. I also updated the firmware on both drone and controller

Maybe check advance flight controls to see if it got turned off somehow?

After spending 45 minutes with DJI on chat they told me I need to send the drone in, since they "have tried all troubleshooting steps". So, I opened a case and was ready to ship, when I thought "wait a minute". I used to have a Smart Controller, which I used as my main controller. I sold it. Both my Smart Controller and Remote Controller were paired with the Mavic 2 Pro - I was experimenting with using 2 controllers at the same time, which worked perfectly with no issues.

However, after I sold the Smart Controller, I am assuming I never started up the drone again after that - until recently. I did a couple of flights, worked fine. But I didn't pay attention to the menus much, just wanted to go up and take some photos. Then came 4th of July, where I wanted to use the intelligent flight modes to play around. This is when I noticed that the menus are messed up and I couldn't access intelligent flight modes, and also the flights from a couple days earlier were not in the log.

Anyway, so I thought that maybe the Smart Controller was still considered being the "main" controller, leaving the Remote Controller with limited options.

So I tried one last thing: I unpaired and reconnected the Remote Contoller and voila: all menus are back and after a short test flight I saw that that flight had been captured in the log as well.

After spending 45 minutes with DJI on chat they told me I need to send the drone in, since they "have tried all troubleshooting steps". So, I opened a case and was ready to ship, when I thought "wait a minute". I used to have a Smart Controller, which I used as my main controller. I sold it. Both my Smart Controller and Remote Controller were paired with the Mavic 2 Pro - I was experimenting with using 2 controllers at the same time, which worked perfectly with no issues.

However, after I sold the Smart Controller, I am assuming I never started up the drone again after that - until recently. I did a couple of flights, worked fine. But I didn't pay attention to the menus much, just wanted to go up and take some photos. Then came 4th of July, where I wanted to use the intelligent flight modes to play around. This is when I noticed that the menus are messed up and I couldn't access intelligent flight modes, and also the flights from a couple days earlier were not in the log.

Anyway, so I thought that maybe the Smart Controller was still considered being the "main" controller, leaving the Remote Controller with limited options.

So I tried one last thing: I unpaired and reconnected the Remote Contoller and voila: all menus are back and after a short test flight I saw that that flight had been captured in the log as well.
Thanks for sharing the solution! I have been Planning experimenting w/two controllers. will file this for when I get into trouble..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54