DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shakey Video

Well went up today with a different set of propellers and new memory card. The video was flawless. When I got home I decided to weight each of the propellers. What I found was they very 1.22 grams. (From 7.030 to 5.810) . Another set went from 6.895 to 6.660 grams. Anyone know what the acceptable tolerance is for the blades? I'm using the Mavic Platinum blades.
Set 1: 7.030, 5.810, 5.905, 5.890
Set 2: 6.825, 6.755, 6.660, 6.895

Reactions: mnis
Set 2 seems OK I suppose but set 1 is all over the place. Blades are interchangeable so those in set 1 should more closely match set 2.

Well went up today with a different set of propellers and new memory card. The video was flawless. When I got home I decided to weight each of the propellers. What I found was they very 1.22 grams. (From 7.030 to 5.810) . Another set went from 6.895 to 6.660 grams. Anyone know what the acceptable tolerance is for the blades? I'm using the Mavic Platinum blades.
Set 1: 7.030, 5.810, 5.905, 5.890
Set 2: 6.825, 6.755, 6.660, 6.895
I am glad that your problem with the Mavic can apparently be solved without having to give it for repair...

If you are using Platinum Propeller 8331F for the regular Mavic1Pro, you may experience unsteady flight behavior that may adversely affect the gimbal's work. There are almost no advantages, so no reason to use the (slightly) quieter propeller. The 8330F generally provides for a more stable flight behavior.

And yes, all propellers should have an almost identical weight. With differences of up to 1.22 grams something can not be right. Hard to imagine that there is anything in balance at all.

I think weight tolerances of less than 0.1 grams are OK, but that's just a guess.

You can exchange propellers from the same purchased batch, you do not have to replace complete sets.

There is also a possibility to recognize the poorly balanced propeller (without balancing device):
- Place your Mavic on a flat surface and stick a small plastic cup in the center of your Mavic so that it can not slip or fall off.
- Put a small amount of water in the cup. - Mount a single propeller on a motor and start the engines with the remote control.
- The vibrations caused by the propeller are transmitted visibly to the water. So you can find out in turn which propellers cause the most vibrations ...

Last edited:
Back to basics ... Hover the drone at head height and have a close look at the gimbal assembly. You need to confirm if the gimbal assembly is steady, or if it is showing a visible shaking?
Mavic's use various feedback loops to position-keep themselves in the hover and in manoeuvring. If you have a problem with the 'gain' of one of these feedback loops, then the Mavic can get an almost imperceptible tremble (as the feedback loop stabilises the action) ... That can't be seen on the body of the drone, but due to the way that the camera gimbal is 'hung' from the fuselage of the drone, it picks up this tremble and shows it as shaky video (the gimbal tries, but can't smooth it out!).
Your video seems to show the shake when the Mavic moves forward - so it could be that a small adjustment of the 'gain' may sort this out. It's also significant that you are using the MP Platinum 8331 prop's ...
A YouTube vid' that shows this is:

Reactions: mnis
The guy on Youtube explained it well...
But I dislike the basic approach of how problems are addressed.

At the same time, the statement is valid again: Do not change your setup as long as you are not sure what you are doing!

Dear beginners ... To determine whether your aircraft has a defect or not, please use only the supplied accessories. The Mavic1pro includes the 8330F and the Mavic1pro Platinum includes the 8331F propellers...

After each firmware update, your changed settings may have been discarded. And again, your video footage is over because you did not verify it before the flight...

Last edited:
Went up yesterday and the video was completely un-usable. The worst I've seen so far. With out making any changes went up again and all was good. I'm done trying to figure this thing out so yesterday we went to UPS to deliver to DJI repair. Let's see what they say the problem is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair