DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shan’t be flying tomorrow!

twickers14

Reactions
Some of you will be more used to this type of weather but we are being warned that the worst storm for 30 years is due overnight and into tomorrow. Will busy myself polishing my props!72792F18-F141-4F35-81F6-37C86AB36ED5.png

Reactions: Rchawks
We have it not quite that bad, but given the gusts I'm not planning on flying either. The windsheer forecast, while it is above where we fly, shows how dramatically the wind can vary at altitude.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-090750.png
    Screenshot_20220217-090750.png
    281.5 KB · Views: 14
I hurt myself falling out of my chair laughing. Come and join me for a week or two, any time from December through January November through March and gain some perspective on "bad" weather. Just yesterday I was reminiscing about getting groceries some years back, which involved riding my snowmachine (snowmobile) 40 miles over a frozen river at -40C doing roughly 60mph at times for a windchill somewhere under -100F. Signing off from North Pole, Alaska. Dang...just had to pick myself up again. LOL

I hurt myself falling out of my chair laughing. Come and join me for a week or two, any time from December through January November through March and gain some perspective on "bad" weather. Just yesterday I was reminiscing about getting groceries some years back, which involved riding my snowmachine (snowmobile) 40 miles over a frozen river at -40C doing roughly 60mph at times for a windchill somewhere under -100F. Signing off from North Pole, Alaska. Dang...just had to pick myself up again. LOL
I'd say call it, you win!!! lol

Love it. I just knew and hoped that some Forumers would have it worse than us And here you are. How on earth do you survive in those conditions? Glad you do though!

We have it not quite that bad, but given the gusts I'm not planning on flying either. The windsheer forecast, while it is above where we fly, shows how dramatically the wind can vary at altitude.
Wind sheer is the worst. Be safe.

Love it. I just knew and hoped that some Forumers would have it worse than us And here you are. How on earth do you survive in those conditions? Glad you do though!
Dress well. After an easy winter bike ride...

Attachments

• IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
Not sure why anyone would consult a web site. I check the temps and don't fly (very often) if it is colder than -25F and the wind is over 20mph. Other than that I don't bother flying when it's overcast for any filming but one of my favorite flights was over a frozen forest at -20F in 20mph winds (posted here someplace). I must admit I'm looking forward to warmer and sunnier days....

Reactions: twickers14
Am I allowed to send pictures of palm trees?
Dale
Miami
Absolutely NOT! It is full on right now and trees are down, fences are down and cars squashed. “Wish I was there” as all the good post cards (what’s a post card) say!!

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
What app were you using to decode the METARs?

Not sure why anyone would consult a web site. I check the temps and don't fly (very often) if it is colder than -25F and the wind is over 20mph. Other than that I don't bother flying when it's overcast for any filming but one of my favorite flights was over a frozen forest at -20F in 20mph winds (posted here someplace). I must admit I'm looking forward to warmer and sunnier days....
Ya me to.
One thing though the beer is cold. ;)
273984738_1378349745934328_5633156036475644491_n.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0n3ng