DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shanghai Drone footage - DJI Mavic 2 Pro

DKAerial

Reactions
Hey guys,

just back from my vacation in China, where I took some great footage of Shanghai.
This city is just amazing:

If you have any questions about drone flying in China let me know.

Feedback welcome!

Thanks!

Fantastic opportunity you had and the results were fantastic. Its over whelming how much the eye has to try and take in , but I fell in love with some of the buildings. Going to change how I do the xmas lights this year on my house well done.
Adding the wind in the music was a really nice touch. We are very prone to doing that on our videos also.

Reactions: DKAerial
Very well done! Any drone restrictions flying in Shanghai city?

No (except airports and government buildings), but it can change very quickly. Always chek the DJI no-fly Zone map, for China it is very accurate.
Only limitation your drone needs to be registered in China, even the DJI App will check if you are registered otherwise you are grounded.

Reactions: Paul WIngfield
No (except airports and government buildings), but it can change very quickly. Always chek the DJI no-fly Zone map, for China it is very accurate.
Only limitation your drone needs to be registered in China, even the DJI App will check if you are registered otherwise you are grounded.

Thanks for the info. How do I go about with the registration?

Reactions: MPone
Absolutely fabulous work!!! The music and wind a wonderful effect. At the pause in the middle of the video, I thought was the end. But then came the spectacular night scene! You really raised the bar with this one!

BTW, the Shanghai Financial Center (your opening shot) was designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox to have a round hole at the top. The Shanghai mayor objected because it reminded him of the rising sun on the Japanese flag, so the round hole was redesigned with a rectangular one. I always thought it should be called the "YKK Building" because it reminds me of a zipper pull.

Very, very well done.

Absolutely fabulous work!!! The music and wind a wonderful effect. At the pause in the middle of the video, I thought was the end. But then came the spectacular night scene! You really raised the bar with this one!

BTW, the Shanghai Financial Center (your opening shot) was designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox to have a round hole at the top. The Shanghai mayor objected because it reminded him of the rising sun on the Japanese flag, so the round hole was redesigned with a rectangular one. I always thought it should be called the "YKK Building" because it reminds me of a zipper pull.

Very, very well done.

Thank you so much!
YKK is a good one :) When I saw it, it reminded me of a bottle opener.

Thank you so much!
YKK is a good one :) When I saw it, it reminded me of a bottle opener.

That would open a big honkin' bottle of Tsingtao or Pearl River!
What camera settings did you use for your night shots? Your exposure was spot-on!

That would open a big honkin' bottle of Tsingtao or Pearl River!
What camera settings did you use for your night shots? Your exposure was spot-on!

Yeah I was also suprised by the output of the night shots.
Settings were: ISO 400, f 2.5 and 1/50
I just tweaked it a bit in PremierePro, but no denoiser or something.

Very beautiful and amazing shots. How high were you flying when you filming the YKK building? What’s the height limit there? Did you use any of the intelligent modes?

Reactions: DKAerial
Very beautiful and amazing shots. How high were you flying when you filming the YKK building? What’s the height limit there? Did you use any of the intelligent modes?

The maximum altitude in China is 120m, but I took off from another building to get the height. But considering my actual altitude from ground it was definitely close to 500m.
I did not use any intelligent modes, I rarely use them.

The maximum altitude in China is 120m, but I took off from another building to get the height. But considering my actual altitude from ground it was definitely close to 500m.
I did not use any intelligent modes, I rarely use them.
Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229