DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Share your crash stories

him7403

Reactions
Today was my 3rd flight and I crashed and lost my new mavic air 2 ??

I put it on poi mode and without scanning the surrounding and it got stuck and in a tree in an unaccessible land. It was an expensive lesson for me. I admit my fault.

Here's one photo I got out of the drone.

org_0672c7006a4c8861_1593721276000~2.jpg
I was over excited flying it that I forgot basic rule of scanning.

Share your stories so that other can learn from it.
And what do I do with the remote?

Last edited:
Reactions: omer212
I know, it broke my heart.
Sell the photo for what it is now worth! The story alone makes it worth $800!
Artists original 1 of 1! The very last photo shot by a drone, before it Kamakazied!
Might cover the replacement cost, or at least buying Refresh Insurance on its replacement! ?

I had a small incident where I was in trace mode and it flew in to a tree. Video later.

Mine was about 3 feet elevation, and about 5 feet away, so I was able to recover.

Sorry for your luck ?

Sorry about your loss ... but why start a second thread? We already have this --> Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance ... it contains bucket loads of stories, all related to mishaps & crashes ?
Because one thread is to find out the cause of what happened
and this is just to share experiences .
@him7403 hate you lost your drone. As far as your controller maybe
search for just a drone or sell your controller. I see lots being sold here in classifieds.

I've crashed Phoebe my spark 3 times:

1. First time out to take pictures. There was a bell tower, so I thought to do a quickshot orbit. She flew sideways right into the tower.

2. Was practicing manual orbits standing out in an open grassy field. Phoebe drifted back so far she flew sideways into a tree.

3. Was shooting a hilly landscape, flying sideways a long distance. I must have blinked and started following the wrong spot in the sky. Flew sideways straight into a tall tree. "What? I was no where near a tree!"

Haven't crashed Selah my MA2 yet.

I've crashed Phoebe my spark 3 times:

1. First time out to take pictures. There was a bell tower, so I thought to do a quickshot orbit. She flew sideways right into the tower.

2. Was practicing manual orbits standing out in an open grassy field. Phoebe drifted back so far she flew sideways into a tree.

3. Was shooting a hilly landscape, flying sideways a long distance. I must have blinked and started following the wrong spot in the sky. Flew sideways straight into a tall tree. "What? I was no where near a tree!"

Haven't crashed Selah my MA2 yet.

I'm not the only one who named their birdie?!

And of course, female names. Just like cars lol

I'm not the only one who named their birdie?!

And of course, female names. Just like cars lol

Phoebe is a friend's little girl.
Selah is Phoebe's big sister.
Malachi is Phoebe's little brother.
Moriah is Selah's big sister.

I don't yet have a Moriah drone. Malachi is all energy, so I think a Malachi drone would be FPV.

And my computer is Gwenhwyfer who is ficticious.

My car is "The Foolish Carriage."

Phoebe
sPhoebe.jpg

Selah
sSelah.jpg

Moriah
sMoriah.jpg

Malachi (settling down for bed)
sMalachi.jpg

Their dad in plaid shirt.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno
Phoebe is a friend's little girl.
Selah is Phoebe's big sister.
Malachi is Phoebe's little brother.
Moriah is Selah's big sister.

I don't yet have a Moriah drone. Malachi is all energy, so I think a Malachi drone would be FPV.

And my computer is Gwenhwyfer who is ficticious.

My car is "The Foolish Carriage."
You have immediately gone to the top of my "awesome" list.

You remind me, and my wife, of her late father. With everything from your username, to the name of your car.

Have a good day sir, have a good year... Actually, have a good rest of your life. You have made my day/night/year with this one post.

Thanks.

p.s. my wife wholeheartedly agrees. You have made her day, she wishes she could meet you already lol. From one post lol.

Reactions: Tentoes
My 1992 BMW 325i Convertible - Black Beauty

My 2007 Hyundai Tuscon - Tiny

My 2000 Buick Century - Ruby

My MA2 - Birdie (but that might be temporary, I feel like she isn't actually "born" yet)

My MA1 - B (short for Bumble)

My Spark - Twiggy

Sorry about your loss ... but why start a second thread? We already have this --> Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance ... it contains bucket loads of stories, all related to mishaps & crashes ?

Megathreads are annoying to read. This is 2020, not 1997. People's attention spans are too short online these days for megathreads and comments like the one you made are filled with elitism and vitriol that just doesn't fly very well anymore in 2020. Thanks for the post, him7403. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Reactions: him7403
Megathreads are annoying to read. This is 2020, not 1997. People's attention spans are too short online these days for megathreads and comments like the one you made are filled with elitism and vitriol that just doesn't fly very well anymore in 2020. Thanks for the post, him7403. Sorry to hear about your loss.
My comment wasn't intended to be elitistic in no way, just made a point that it's already a similar thread or actually a section (if the OP had missed it...) ... let be that the bias there is to find the root cause for the mishap but several also share just stories intended to be lessons learned also for others. But to have everything gathered in one place makes it easy for learning purposes & perhaps this thread would get more interested then if it's placed in the section about MA2.

That was my point ... with a ? ;)

My MA2 - Birdie (but that might be temporary, I feel like she isn't actually "born" yet)

My Spark - Twiggy

Those are great!

You have immediately gone to the top of my "awesome" list.

You remind me, and my wife, of her late father. With everything from your username, to the name of your car.

Have a good day sir, have a good year... Actually, have a good rest of your life. You have made my day/night/year with this one post.

Thanks.

p.s. my wife wholeheartedly agrees. You have made her day, she wishes she could meet you already lol. From one post lol.

hehe My user name is what Mom actually named me. Cutesy name became a problem in school. I was disappointed to switch from "Tentoes" to "Tom" but I understood the problem. In the 1960s, you were supposed to be just like all the other kids. I was not, and not just my funny name.

• Love
Reactions: itsneedtokno

My Spark - Twiggy

I had a car named "The Crimson Pearl." It was the Terror of Illinois 137.

My first car with a name was Sophira. She had so much character and a bit of an attitude, so I gave her a name.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato