DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shark with surfers

Heard, and Heard!

Yeah, I think she'd stop coming if I made her be my VO all the time lol.

But my 2 year old, he's my world. I wouldn't go anywhere without him. I'm sure in about ten years though... I'll be over that lol.
BTW- I was nearly a fellow resident at New Smyrna Beach. Way back in the80's I put a downpayment on one of the oceanfront homes Atlantic Street with the 12 foot high rocks and staircase to beach. The house was only 3-4 homes from the State Park border. I decided it was too far a drive from Miami for a weekend place and got my deposit back. Used to go to JB FishCamp a lot.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
BTW- I was nearly a fellow resident at New Smyrna Beach. Way back in the80's I put a downpayment on one of the oceanfront homes Atlantic Street with the 12 foot high rocks and staircase to beach. The house was only 3-4 homes from the State Park border. I decided it was too far a drive from Miami for a weekend place and got my deposit back. Used to go to JB FishCamp a lot.
Oh jeez! I couldn't imagine living there. You're talking about going toward Bethune right?

One day I'm hoping to be able to afford a house on the west side of Peninsula Dr, facing the river. That or Riverside Dr... I prefer the chill ICW over the craziness of the beach.

I'm supposed to be going to some place in Broward (can't remember the name of the city... Weston Heights or something) for a drone consultation later this week. I've never actually been in the city, only driven through.

I'm trying to help a friend who wants to learn OrthoMosaic mapping for roof jobs.

P.S. what about JC's Riptides of US1? That's my all time fave. Best rock shrimp and prime rib anywhere around.

It was one of the homes just before the green state park border

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 3.22.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 3.22.05 PM.png
    340.7 KB · Views: 6
It was one of the homes just before the green state park border
That's a good spot to fly, hardly any folks.
Love the beach there!

Had a friend that lived about 50 lots North.

....but...

That green stuff is Canaveral National Seashore, so that's kind of a big no-no zone. So very disappointing, beautiful stuff out there.

Guys- you cannot have it both ways- if you are looking at your screen for the sharks, you are not looking at your drone. A lot of hypocrisy here on the forum. The holier than thou people want me to always look at my drone, and I want to compose my image/video and still see my drone.
Of course you can have it both ways, we all do it all the time. When I fly, my drone is rarely 1000 to 1200 feet away with strobes. This is easily seen when looking down and up again.
Its all a matter of staying focused, and having hand eye coordination.

Of course you can have it both ways, we all do it all the time. When I fly, my drone is rarely 1000 to 1200 feet away with strobes. This is easily seen when looking down and up again.
Its all a matter of staying focused, and having hand eye coordination.
Totally agree. I have the Firehouse strobes and still manage to lose track of the drone. I am a retired eye surgeon (ophthalmologist) , used to doing eye (microscope)/hand (phaco machine)/foot coordination( phaco machine and microscope focusing) to do intricate eye surgery. Still am in a mini panic while flying. I remain very thankful for RTH.

Totally agree. I have the Firehouse strobes and still manage to lose track of the drone. I am a retired eye surgeon (ophthalmologist) , used to doing eye (microscope)/hand (phaco machine)/foot coordination( phaco machine and microscope focusing) to do intricate eye surgery. Still am in a mini panic while flying. I remain very thankful for RTH.
Yeah, as we get older, ( I have about 11 years to catch you though) we need optical aid. I also deal in optics with nine telescopes in my observatory doing deep space photography,
and my microscope in my office. We just have to pay more attention when flying I guess.

• Love
Yeah, as we get older, ( I have about 11 years to catch you though) we need optical aid. I also deal in optics with nine telescopes in my observatory doing deep space photography,
and my microscope in my office. We just have to pay more attention when flying I guess.
Observatory?!?!!!

I've seen you post about this before. It gets me every time!

I know your avatar is a picture you took yourself... TOO COOL

Observatory?!?!!!

I've seen you post about this before. It gets me every time!

I know your avatar is a picture you took yourself... TOO COOL
No. Actually the Avatar was a free giveaway from my paid subscription to the Wall Street Journal. You submit a photo and they do their classical treatment of it! All of their columnists in the Journal have a similar treatment or Avatar. I thought it was so neat I used it for this Forum.
BTW- Do you know the name Matt Dieterich? I took a Milky Way Photography Workshop with him in Houston. He is a professional telescope installer, and is paid to go all over the world to install private and commercial telescopes on people's roofs, etc. Here is his web site

yeah, I'm not sure where Dale D came from but thats okay lol.

I'm glad you replied.
My Avatar showing me here was free, came from my Wall Street Journal subscription. They use the same technique for all of their writers. It was a freebie.

My Avatar showing me here was free, came from my Wall Street Journal subscription. They use the same technique for all of their writers. It was a freebie.
I was asking "let's fly" about his M31 picture. He's mentioned it before lol.

I like yours too though ?

First time uploading. Still a lot to learn. This was 6/28/20 at New Smyrna Beach Jetty, FL. I didn’t even see the shark till I was home reviewing video.

Video does not display. Anybody else getting this message?
"null
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in."

have you tried flying around the edgewater area? i live between the two, closer to NSB, but fly edgewater and oak hill more than anywhere else.
here's a small list of nearby spots ive found

beacon light road
maytown road
oak hill, by goodriches restaurant
scottsmoor (be careful, its very close to NASA NFZ)
spruce creek (reach out to the airport first)
mosquito lagoon
maynard-may park
bethune beach

pm for more lol

No offense man but it really sounds like you’re flying in the National Park.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure