DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Sharks feeding near Long Island beach

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. How much did you zoom in? Some parts are not so clear i guess.

Never seen anything like that, the shark had it all it could do to get a single fish. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and get eaten by a shark.

Reactions: RoarRoar
How did you know to look for them/find them out of curiosity?

I fly along the beaches in this neck of the woods pretty often. Last time I was there I caught humpback whales feeding near the same beach. A local fisherman told me to look for the dark spots in the water beyond the break that’s where the bunker tend to school. I flew out with no expectations to get anything other than some pictures of fish. I was wrong about that.

Good stuff. Nice shooting. There's a lot of drama going on out past the breakers. Thanks for capturing some of it for us.

I noticed that you caught a pair of rays just before the three-minute mark.

A really unique and well done video. Any clue what type of shark?

A really unique and well done video. Any clue what type of shark?
I was told bullsharks by a relative that is an avid fisherman and boater. If anyone has a better clue or expertise I’d be happy to know.

I was told bullsharks by a relative that is an avid fisherman and boater. If anyone has a better clue or expertise I’d be happy to know.
I don't think they're Bull Sharks. Bull Sharks have very blunt heads, viewed from above. These sharks have much more tapered heads.

The illustration below is part of the ID description for Bull Sharks from a shark guide produced by the marine lab I worked with a few years ago.

The location of the fins relative to one another are good good characteristics for identifying sharks. If you can get some stills from the video showing the fins, that would be helpful.

1661532620899.png

Fantastic footage. Could have been from a transmitted professional nature programme. Do you know if the sharks caught anything?

These may be Sandbar Sharks. The head is less blunt than that of Bull Sharks, but they're similar otherwise.

Here's a video from the New York Department of Environmental Conservation showing Sandbar Sharks feeding on a school of bunkers.

@RoarRoar, I'm sure they'd love to have your video. It's much, much better than the blurry clip they have now.

Great video! Thanks for sharing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111