DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ship Spotting container ship

Are there strong tides or currents that make so many tugs necessary?
Love the opening and the switch to high speed.
I just remembered this video I shot earlier this year with my spark of all things. Here you see they only used two ASD tractor tugs. The Humber and Clyde

So not sure why the Orleans was added. She is more powerful then the other two but lately when I check my AIS I can see them using three tugs more often now.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I just remembered this video I shot earlier this year with my spark of all things. Here you see they only used two ASD tractor tugs. The Humber and Clyde

So not sure why the Orleans was added. She is more powerful then the other two but lately when I check my AIS I can see them using three tugs more often now.
Those tugs are so little boats for such monstrosity of container ship. Love the video!

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
It's likely to be related to the size of the ship involved or maybe how much wind or current they anticipated having to work against.
Those tugs are so little boats for such monstrosity of container ship.
They may look little on the outside, but down below they have big engines.

It's likely to be related to the size of the ship involved or maybe how much wind or current they anticipated having to work against.

They may look little on the outside, but down below they have big engines.

Indeed they do. I recently got to tour their newest tug in the area

Check out this video

105f6fea642a4ac6db3cc6cce8764db1.jpg
9d5a6f6d54cb6efc1f84506df27d14a1.jpg
e70c0c94e497050081a643022541d968.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock