DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Shipping" a Mavic to Nepal

genius_loci

Reactions
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I hope this is the right sub.

Long story short, I am living in Kathmandu at the moment and decided to buy a Mavic. I cannot buy it here so it has to be send to Nepal.

I have two possible ways. A friend of mine could bring it, the thing is that she is flying with emirates which means the drone has to be in the checked in luggage. It will be packed in the dji bag, so you think it will survive it? Also, I am a Little scared of someone stealing it.

The other option would be to send it via mail, but here it is the same, I heard that quite frequently, stuff is getting "lost" on the way...

Any suggestions? What would you choose?

Get your friend to bring it on the plane, in her cabin luggage. You can't check it in with the batteries. Also, you have no recourse if something is taken from your checked bag, it's the the conditions of carriage that you should not pack anything of value.

Reactions: genius_loci
The problem is, that emirates allows drones only as checked in luggage. The batteries have to be in the carry on but the drone itself has to be checked in :-/

Hmm, I didn't know that about Emirates, seems unique to that airline. If I had to pick one, I'd opt to check it in the baggage instead of using the mail. Or have you considered choosing a big shipper like fedex and having it insured? However, that might be super expensive....

I think I will take the chances and let her put it in the checked in luggage.. shipping is quite expensive and takes ages. I would use the drone for mapping of forests and need it asap. Hope this works out :O

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser