DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shooting Video To Edit - Your Technique?

raymacke

Reactions
My goal is to make short videos - mostly 2 to 3 minutes long. Obviously these will be created stringing short clips together. My question is what is your strategy for shooting the base video footage? Do you fly and just let the video roll with few breaks and then edit from the long files. OR do you try to break it down in smaller clips stopping and starting as you complete a segment you feel worthy?

The 2nd method. I usually plan my shot, even shoot it a couple times if it's a tricky one stopping and starting each time.

The 2nd method. I usually plan my shot, even shoot it a couple times if it's a tricky one stopping and starting each time.

This. Plan your shots beforehand. I scope my area out first then do a few practice takes then go for it. FYI I use Lumafusion as my VE and Procreate for photos. Inshot is a great and quick editor, too. Now go and release that inner Speilberg of yours!!!

I shoot with individual shots, generally rehearsing the shot before actually committing to shoot it.
Thinking about how the shots will edit together before shooting them makes for better edits.
Drone video is no different than any other kind of video, and the same guidelines apply.

Reactions: CallSignShadow
Plan ahead of time.
Determine the type of cinematic shots to use.
Use Google earth.
Utilize Litchi hub.
Shoot 3x as much as I need.

Final Cut Pro X allows you easily to mark takes, or ranges within a take with a single keystroke. You can show only those marked to make selection much easier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada