DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shortest Flight in History

I have the Air 2 and I assume the prop locking system is the same as the Air 2S? I’m not sure it’s even possible the motors can spin up unless the props are installed correctly as the software can detect uneven vibrations.

There’s a spring loaded mechanism that you need to press down then rotate until it clicks. I think it would be pretty obvious if the prop wasn’t locked in place. I may be wrong, but in any case, there’s no substitute for a thorough pre-flight check.

I’m 8 months in and luckily I’ve not even bumped into anything yet. Still on the original props and they still look like they did on day one.

I have the Air 2 and I assume the prop locking system is the same as the Air 2S? I’m not sure it’s even possible the motors can spin up unless the props are installed correctly as the software can detect uneven vibrations.

There’s a spring loaded mechanism that you need to press down then rotate until it clicks. I think it would be pretty obvious if the prop wasn’t locked in place. I may be wrong, but in any case, there’s no substitute for a thorough pre-flight check.

I’m 8 months in and luckily I’ve not even bumped into anything yet. Still on the original props and they still look like they did on day one.
I have an A2S, and during one session I landed the drone, changed the battery and went to do another flight and received a warning to check the props for any obstructions or issues. What the heck, I thought! So I examined my drone and spotted a 2 - 3 inch piece of dried grass that had become pinched between the prop and the rotor on the previous landing. After experiencing this, I have assumed that the A2S appears to be able to diagnose certain prop issues; maybe the balance was off or something along those lines in my case. I suppose it is possible that it may not be as easy for DJI to detect the issue where the prop may not be fully engaged. I am just speculating here, and may be speaking out of my hat. But this incident just reinforces the post above reminding people to go through the checklist on EACH flight, and not just at the start of the flying day.

Bought my Air 2S a week ago last Friday, picked it up on Saturday and set it up. Sunday morning I decided to go to my flying ground in Longmont, Colorado. I gathered up my stuff and then thought that maybe I should set up the DJI Care Refresh Program. Thought about doing it later but then decided to get it out of the way and I went ahead and got the 2 year Plan.

I drove about 20 minutes, set everything up and it began to run. Here we go! I pushed on the Up Stick, it went up 20 feet, one of the rear propellers flew off and back to the earth we went. Broke one of the front arms and the Gimbal and displaced one of the rear arms

I had to go home and tell my wife what had happened to my new drone which I had neglected to mention to her before that. That was no fun.

I called DJI on Monday and talked to a very pleasant guy. He got a case set up and sent me a label. I shipped it back Monday afternoon, it was received on Wednesday. I got an email telling me that it had been received and fifteen minutes later I got notification that a new drone had been shipped. UPS said that it should be delivered on Saturday afternoon, but when it didn't come I checked and UPS told me that the rail car that the container was on had a failure and it would be delivered Monday.

Maybe the delay was retribution for my sin? The weather here is rainy and windy, so it'll be a couple of days before I can fly it. You can be sure that, going forward I'll check the propellers out carefully.

I have to say that DJI handled the claim flawlessly and quickly. Had to pay $119.00. Cheap at twice the price
I hate having to confess to the wife. I ship the propellers and other extras to the office. I know, I know, my day is coming.

If those were previously undamaged DJI props then that’s hardware failure. If the aircraft was still under warranty they should have replaced it without counting against the refresh total.
I chose the express replacement option. They don't evaluate the drone, they just replace it no questions asked. I only had 2 months left so, I just had it replaced.

Reactions: crazeuk
I've got the DJI refresh on a Mini and an MA2. At the end of the year, do they offer an option to renew? Not something I think I'd be inclined to do at that point, but just curious.

Tom

I've got the DJI refresh on a Mini and an MA2. At the end of the year, do they offer an option to renew? Not something I think I'd be inclined to do at that point, but just curious.

Tom
You can get Care Refresh+ as long as you have time left on your refresh and at least on replacement left on it. You might not get any email or anything, so just make sure you know when your going to expire and renew before then if you want.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000