DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should i be worried about my Mavic?

maxb

Reactions
received my drone a couple of days ago and have had no problems so far, and I'm loving it!
however... i found out mine was manufactured on the 24th March, should i be worried about this loss of power failure that a fair few people have experienced from the March Batch..?
i don't really want my £1000 falling out the sky for no reason :/
thanks!

Nope. Be confident. Only few people experienced that, that is why they came here for help. I myself have the March Batch but no problems encountered so far.

Reactions: Former Member
fingers crossed! i double check before each flight the battery is in secure... so i guess thats all i can do. i didn't buy my drone direct from DJI would that cause any problems if a problem did occur and it needed to be sent back?

Reactions: Former Member
Here is a poll for you. So far 138 people here have responded.

134 (97.1%) have not had their Mavic fall from the sky
3 (2.2%) have had their Mavic fall from the sky, but their Mavs were produced before March 2017
1 (0.7%) has had his Mavic fall from the sky in a March batch

In my estimation, 99.3% of respondents have not had their Mavics fall from the sky if they were not produced in March.

Out of 138 people, only 4 (2.9%) have had their Mavics fall from the sky, and I have examined a few on another board who claim their Mavic did fall unexpectedly. 1 was on his first flight, another was because his battery might have come loose.

Based on these facts, I think the Mavic is pretty safe to fly.

Poll: Has your Mavic fallen from the sky for unknown reasons?

Last edited:
Mavic just dropped from the sky. I have been flying for over 15 years and know how to fly planes, drones, helicopters etc.... I went ahead and bought the Mavic knowing that it is one of the best in the industry. I got it and flew it several times with no issues at all. It flew perfectly and the shots it took are amazing. I then took the mavic out to an open park with nothing but airspace and flat as far as the eye can see since I am in TX. I was flying for about 13 min and on my way back to me at alittle above 110 feet. Everything was working great and then all of a sudden the drones props stopped and just fell straight down for no reason. There were no errors and nothing indicating there was a problem. I had 71% battery life left and was just going forward at 12mph when it just dropped with no interfearance. There is no magnetic field anywhere around and the winds were 3mph which were ideal conditions. The battery was locked in and it just stopped and fell 110+ feet destroying itself on the cement below. Just shocked that this happened and I have no idea as to why. Called DJI and they asked me to send it in to review. I have only owned it for two weeks and hope they take care of me as I will be very disappointed if they don't stand behind their product. Any tips from anyone else out there who have had the same issue? Appreciate relief insight.

Mavic just dropped from the sky. I have been flying for over 15 years and know how to fly planes, drones, helicopters etc.... I went ahead and bought the Mavic knowing that it is one of the best in the industry. I got it and flew it several times with no issues at all. It flew perfectly and the shots it took are amazing. I then took the mavic out to an open park with nothing but airspace and flat as far as the eye can see since I am in TX. I was flying for about 13 min and on my way back to me at alittle above 110 feet. Everything was working great and then all of a sudden the drones props stopped and just fell straight down for no reason. There were no errors and nothing indicating there was a problem. I had 71% battery life left and was just going forward at 12mph when it just dropped with no interfearance. There is no magnetic field anywhere around and the winds were 3mph which were ideal conditions. The battery was locked in and it just stopped and fell 110+ feet destroying itself on the cement below. Just shocked that this happened and I have no idea as to why. Called DJI and they asked me to send it in to review. I have only owned it for two weeks and hope they take care of me as I will be very disappointed if they don't stand behind their product. Any tips from anyone else out there who have had the same issue? Appreciate relief insight.
Check this out it sounds like what your mp did
Mavic Disconnects and Motors Shut Off

Check this out it sounds like what your mp did
Mavic Disconnects and Motors Shut Off

Thanks it does sound like my problem potentially. Question is what is DJI doing about it to prevent from happening in the future? There are many unhappy people due to the software or firmware issue. Forgot to mention that I updated the firmware before this flight and wonder if that had something to do with it. They better not come back and say that it was pilot error. My stick positions are recorded and they can see my moves.

Reactions: Blades
Thanks it does sound like my problem potentially. Question is what is DJI doing about it to prevent from happening in the future? There are many unhappy people due to the software or firmware issue. Forgot to mention that I updated the firmware before this flight and wonder if that had something to do with it. They better not come back and say that it was pilot error. My stick positions are recorded and they can see my moves.
I would upload your txt and dat files like they asked on the other post and someone will look at it for you.

I would upload your txt and dat files like they asked on the other post and someone will look at it for you.
Yup did that yesterday so they just need to get

Agreed, which is why I did the upload yesterday so they can see what happened. Anyone can tell by just looking at it what happened. It is very clear... stay tuned and hope I have good news from them.

Reactions: Blades
***Update*** DJI made good on my original Mavic dropping out of the sky and busting into many pieces after it fell straight down to the cement 118ft up. After they found that I was not at fault and that there was a catastrophic power failure with the drone they have replaced my drone with another one. I took it up the other day to test it but had to re-calibrate it again to make the flight stable. After I did that it seems to fly well I just have not gotten the courage to fly very far and high yet. hope to be able to do so soon without any issues, which I presume the flight will be smooth. Now I need to reduce the fast movements with the drone when I turn. I also presume that I need to calibration this as well. Anyway, DJI did take care of me and did the right thing at the end of the day so kuddos to you. So any of you out there who have had issues just be kind and give them a chance as it will go a long way. Happy flying and remember to get the good shots.....

Reactions: WizDrone and Blades
Sorry for my question , but what is their explanation for all of these sudden falls .
Someone should be killed and we should go to prison with qualms.?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada