DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I doubt the price?

talespin

Reactions
so I have been in the market (US) looking for a decent used Mavic pro as an update from P3S. Currently in Costco new is $899, refurbished in dji store is $799 but getting quotes of used drones from 620-750 which is acceptable.

But there comes few guys offering brand new never used/activated Mavic pros for $650! Isn't the price suspicious? Some one reducing the price after using few months to a year is understandable but why would some one sell unused new one for so low? Could that be grey market product? Not sure if I should suspect the product or go for it! What would you have done?

I would not buy a drone from random person under any circumstance. DJI refurbished, yes.

If it's too good to be true, it is. Put your money back in your wallet and walk.

Reactions: talespin
I'm sure you can buy a lot of things at a discount. Not all are as they appear to be. Though, without any details at all... I'm not sure what of response you are looking for.

if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

keep in mind if something is wrong with it both dji and Costco they are big brands, you know where they are, you know how to get ahold of them (around the throat if needed).
worse case you can even easily take them to court.

random guys/seller far more risk.
for the sake of a couple of hundred.. you don't want to be kicking yourself because "john doe" doesn't answer phone or e-mail or whatever else and you got a faulty drone.

But there comes few guys offering brand new never used/activated Mavic pros for $650! Isn't the price suspicious?
Make sure you only buy from an authorized DJI dealer if you want to be able to take advantage of the DJI warranty. $650 is an amazing deal if the Mavic is brand new (in a sealed box) and being sold by an authorized DJI dealer.

There are people (like myself) that have to price out according to the used market pricing. I have bought and sold here on the forum with Zero issues.
Try and get contact info and talk to the buyer/seller and get a feel for them, plus you can ask questions that may arise while conversing.

Reactions: talespin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro