DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I Fly?

I would fly because I couldn't wait. I would probably only fly in a small circle about 8 ft. above the ground. I'd just want to see it hover perfectly in place!

I would fly because I couldn't wait. I would probably only fly in a small circle about 8 ft. above the ground. I'd just want to see it hover perfectly in place!

At this point watching the windows waiting for the FedEx truck to pull up! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

At this point watching the windows waiting for the FedEx truck to pull up! [emoji12]

I was so anxious having come from a parrot drone without gps. This thing is amazing. Just don't fly indoors. I haven't tried, but there are enough things that can go wrong with settings in the app that can change the behavior of the sensors. There are a lot of indoor crashes to scare me off.

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
Exciting news the Mavic is in the house and charging!!!!
68da7abeb66344bb44d8526bb3276a1a.jpg

Was similar for me, but I just HAD to do it, lol! Live in Colorado. Got my Mavic on a Friday night, charged it, updated firmware and wanted to fly it Saturday morning after it snowed a bit. I put a piece of cardboard on the ground in the backyard, brought her up about 20', tested the controls, made sure the gimbal & camera worked, took one lousy picture then landed on the cardboard. About a 7 minute exercise. Waited 2 weeks before the weather got better and the wind died down to take her out for a second flight. Enjoy!!

Thanks Guys I made 5 short 4-5 minute runs and stayed below 30 feet the entire time as there was a decent 10 mph wind. The Mavic came with most recent firmware so all I had to do was spend an hour charging things.

I did try the Facebook live stream and that was a hoot. The Mavic flies great and the camera quality is awesome. I can't wait to get back out again once the weather clears up.

I would fly, but its not my Mavic :p

If in doubt, don't pull it out.

.... the Mavic I mean

Thanks Guys I made 5 short 4-5 minute runs and stayed below 30 feet the entire time as there was a decent 10 mph wind. The Mavic came with most recent firmware so all I had to do was spend an hour charging things.

I did try the Facebook live stream and that was a hoot. The Mavic flies great and the camera quality is awesome. I can't wait to get back out again once the weather clears up.

Glad to hear it went well. I hope to have my Mavic soon...

I have my Mavic Pro but have not flown it yet. I would like to meet other pilots in the Rochester NY area for a little coaching. I buy lunch.

I'm in Rochester, NY and these are all great points. The last thing I want to do regardless of who excited I am to get the Mavic would be to crash or loose it on its first flight.

Skeeter, you and I need to meet. I am in the Rochester NY area and I am a novice with a new mavic pro and a little bit intimidated to fly it. I read all the horror stories. A little coaching would calm my nerves and I buy lunch..

Skeeter, you and I need to meet. I am in the Rochester NY area and I am a novice with a new mavic pro and a little bit intimidated to fly it. I read all the horror stories. A little coaching would calm my nerves and I buy lunch..

Hi Robert,

Would love to connect up and show you the ropes feel free to either me at [email protected] or call me at 585-520-2232

Talk soon and you've got one heck of an nice drone on your hands. [emoji6]

Just down I-90 outside Syracuse here. I think I heard about a couple free lunches?

I've had my very first 3 minute flight indoors... I did put on prop guards and it was as stable as heck..

I'm not sure how the horror stories happened for indoors but I've had fun with it indoors for a few times..
The annoying part for me in this only is the time taken to put and take off the prop guards..

all in all, Enjoy your new bird.. she's amazing..

When tempted to fly in snow or rain always keep in mind that the brushless motors are open for cooling reasons. The airflow of the props pulls air from above and pushes it straight through the motors.

Now imagine this air having rain drops or snow flakes inside....where will these go? Yes straight through the motors. Not sure if that is the best thing to do :p

I've had my very first 3 minute flight indoors... I did put on prop guards and it was as stable as heck..

I'm not sure how the horror stories happened for indoors but I've had fun with it indoors for a few times..
The annoying part for me in this only is the time taken to put and take off the prop guards..

all in all, Enjoy your new bird.. she's amazing..

Insufficient lighting is the biggest problem for the Mavic when flying inside, followed by featureless flooring where the downward cameras can't lock the position.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419