DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I pull the trigger?

Glock

Reactions
I currently have a Matic two pro and I’m thinking about upgrading to the mini four Pro to add to my drone collection. Should I pull the trigger on the mini 4 pro or stay with the Mavic two Pro. Just wondering if the upgrade will be worth it For the convenience of travel, and all the extra technology upgrades.

thanks

I have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Mini 4 Pro. I love my M2P because being a bigger drive, it can handle the Florida wind gusts beautifully. But all of the new features in the MM4P are amazing, and it can do so much more than my M2P can. I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon having the MM4P.

Looking forward to a few more replies here as I am in a similar situ but with a MA2. Size matters in gusty countries but the appeal of a lighter drone with all its flying abilities and below 250. It’s coming down to a MA3 or the MM4Pro.

Here in Sweden, for the "average" person/photographer there is no match between the abilities afforded/restrictions that makes the scale tip on the side of the M4P when it comes to versatility and "allowability", which thankfully is one extremely capable little flying machine opening up a lot of new/creative/interesting/lucrative avenues.

Best!
/M

Reactions: twickers14
I currently have a Matic two pro and I’m thinking about upgrading to the mini four Pro to add to my drone collection. Should I pull the trigger on the mini 4 pro or stay with the Mavic two Pro. Just wondering if the upgrade will be worth it For the convenience of travel, and all the extra technology upgrades.

thanks
I would say that the M2-Pro has a decent resell value. Going for $800 since some commercial pilots like that drone for roof inspections and mapping with Lytchi. Selling older tech to upgrade to much better and newer tech is a great idea to keep current. Some will buy yours as a backup. They might have a M3 or Classic, M3-Pro, Air 3S. So this is your time to sell and upgrade your bird, if is wind resistance and better features, camera controller and more your thing. If you have the money, why not a Mavic 3-Pro or and Air 3S. The Mini 4Pro with the release SDK is great to used with Drone link auto missions, even Drone Deploy is supporting it. Of course, there is an extra cero to use Dronelink for $500 a year rather than 5k for DD. Let's see what Litchy costs. $20 per year! Do they support it? It just depends on the use and portability and what kind of drone aficionado or commercial you are.
M2-pro is solid, but for me, better to sell now when the value is still there for the controller, batteries, and the body are good. It can also subsidize the upgrade.

Reactions: twickers14
Also undecided about the mini 4 pro and the air 3.
But based on feedback here, I'm leaning toward the M4P still knowing about the issues with wind handling.

Can only concur regarding wind handling. Been flying in really high winds with truly scary high levels of strong gusts - it was "gnarly", really no weather that I particularly wanted to be out in nor plan in the future to fly a lot in. The Mini 4 Pro still ok, in fact it did absolutely fine - drone had to work, but the resulting footage was impeccably stable. It really is an astonishing "little but mighty" piece of tech. No.1 reason for choosing the Mini 4 Pro, for me personally, is of course its "allowability", being able to fly over/close to/in areas where other drones are not allowed or its use way more stringent. Also, by being small and less noticeable one draws a lot less attention to oneself, again making work easier and quicker. And of course - it fits in a pocket and as I'm already laden down with heavy photography equipment (cameras, lenses, batteries, tripods or what not) I was probably already at the limit as to how much I could carry and if chosen a heavier drone, something else would have to give.

Best!
/M

Can only concur regarding wind handling. Been flying in really high winds with truly scary high levels of strong gusts - it was "gnarly", really no weather that I particularly wanted to be out in nor plan in the future to fly a lot in. The Mini 4 Pro still ok, in fact it did absolutely fine - drone had to work, but the resulting footage was impeccably stable. It really is an astonishing "little but mighty" piece of tech. No.1 reason for choosing the Mini 4 Pro, for me personally, is of course its "allowability", being able to fly over/close to/in areas where other drones are not allowed or its use way more stringent. Also, by being small and less noticeable one draws a lot less attention to oneself, again making work easier and quicker. And of course - it fits in a pocket and as I'm already laden down with heavy photography equipment (cameras, lenses, batteries, tripods or what not) I was probably already at the limit as to how much I could carry and if chosen a heavier drone, something else would have to give.

Best!
/M
Thanks for the feedback and I'm pretty much set on getting it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks