DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I sell Mavic 3 Classic for New Air 3

The A3 does not have the same sensor as the Mini3P.

As a result, there's been some crow dinners consumed post-release from those claiming A3 inferior quality to the A2S and the M3C based on sensor size alone.

I don't have an A3 yet for comparison. However from the reviews I've seen (YT) and read, it looks like the majority opinion is A3 beats A2S and is about a wash with the M3C, depending on what's important for the image.

The computational image guys have continued to improve compensating for the larger errors in color channel reconstruction from quad-bayer filters. The clean, detailed 48MP images the sensor + GPU in the A3 are producing unexpected superb results.
Maybe you right. I've seen low light footage and A3 beats Mini3P.
Still, at least for photography, the M3C' 20mp camera seems to be the better option at this time.
It is the extra zoom camera that should be the decisive factor for replacing M3C for A3.
As for the Occusync 4, personally I'd prefer wait for the Mini 4 to get into that.

If you are new to the internet and new to youtube and you don't know any of the review folks, it's going to be hard for you to tell. Those of us who have been following for quite awhile now, we know how to tell the difference; we can't be "lied" to. That being said, when I think about the Mavic 3 Pro launch from a few months ago, I can't recall a single "DJI-paid" review that turned out to be dishonest, can you? I don't believe we have a single forum member who feels they got cheated by listening to a youtuber's dishonest review of the M3Pro. Surely the Air 3 might be a different drone and easily the situation could go sideways but I feel it's a little bit disingenuous to imply DJI has to pay youtube stars to promote their product. Their drones speak for themselves.
It seems the Mavic 3 Pro has gotten way more positive than negative reviews, especially seeing that it has been out for a bit. And now we are beginning to see reviews from folks that paid out of pocket for it and those reviews are for the most part quite positive. It’s an impressive drone, I eventually want one but I went the Air 2 S route for now to learn more and improve skills. Happy with it though too!

Reactions: mavic3usa
I ordered Air3 following stellar reviews only to be severely dissapointed by the photo quality of the cameras. Plural, both the 24 and 70mm yield identical results.

I was so disappointed that I filed a return ticket to amazon and ordered the Mavic 3 Classic.

The first one was stolen in the post (as in post service said delivered, as I was waiting for the package at home), I am now in discussions with Amazon for a refund.

The second one is on the way, arriving tomorrow (ordered again with my money until amazon gives a resolution for the stolen package).

I ordered Air3 following stellar reviews only to be severely dissapointed by the photo quality of the cameras. Plural, both the 24 and 70mm yield identical results.

I was so disappointed that I filed a return ticket to amazon and ordered the Mavic 3 Classic.

The first one was stolen in the post (as in post service said delivered, as I was waiting for the package at home), I am now in discussions with Amazon for a refund.

The second one is on the way, arriving tomorrow (ordered again with my money until amazon gives a resolution for the stolen package).
Sorry to hear about drone theft. With a photo background to me it is all about sensor size. Let us know how you like the Mavic 3 Classic.

Hmm, sorry to hear. Ive heard offline that the "Telephoto" of Air3 is "way better" than that of M3 (the original M3 that came with 2 cameras). I have one of those M3s and been thinking wether I should get an Air3 instead. But after reading all these posts I think I shouldn't. I am mainly interested in photo not video, and I realize that can change the discussion.

Both drones are awesome, but they have some differences. Here are some things to consider:

The Mavic 3 Classic has a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad sensor that can capture 5.1K/50fps or 4K/120fps videos and 20MP photos. It also has a 46-minute flight time and an O3+ transmission system that can send a 1080p/60fps live feed up to 15 km
away. It also has omnidirectional obstacle sensing with APAS 5.0 technology that can avoid obstacles in all directions.

The New Air 3 has a 1-inch CMOS sensor that can capture 5.4K/30fps or 4K/60fps videos and 20MP photos. It has a 31-minute flight time and an O3 transmission system that can send a 1080p/30fps live feed up to 12 km away. It also has four-directional obstacle sensing, but no APAS technology.
The Mavic 3 Classic is more expensive than the New Air 3, but it also offers more features and performance. The drone only costs $1,469, but you need to buy a remote controller and a charger separately. The drone with the DJI RC and the Fly More Combo costs $1,9991.

The New Air 3 is cheaper than the Mavic 3 Classic, but it also has some limitations. The drone with the DJI RC and the Fly More Combo costs $1,2993.
Correction ,the Air 3 has two slightly smaller than 1", 1/1.3 sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas