DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I sell Mavic 3 Classic for New Air 3

@Mazdaman323lx well i would wait till you have watched a few reviews on it ,but if you think after watching those reviews ,that the Air 3 would serve your needs better than the Mavic 3c,then that is a choice that only you can make

Hard to find honest reviewers not on the DJI payroll for the first few weeks , but ya good advice , I'll wait it out and see
If you are new to the internet and new to youtube and you don't know any of the review folks, it's going to be hard for you to tell. Those of us who have been following for quite awhile now, we know how to tell the difference; we can't be "lied" to. That being said, when I think about the Mavic 3 Pro launch from a few months ago, I can't recall a single "DJI-paid" review that turned out to be dishonest, can you? I don't believe we have a single forum member who feels they got cheated by listening to a youtuber's dishonest review of the M3Pro. Surely the Air 3 might be a different drone and easily the situation could go sideways but I feel it's a little bit disingenuous to imply DJI has to pay youtube stars to promote their product. Their drones speak for themselves.

My out of the Box perspective.

There is no getting arround I love the smaller foot print of the Air 2S in the car, on the boat, on the motorcycle, kayak, love love love its the perfect size.

Just finding a place for the Mavic 3 is difficult , half the time its barely on the table but the Design of the Mavic 3 and ease of Plugging in is exceptional and I can do it Blind and the ease of the SD card is also a factor.

This is why I can keep both. as they both have some aspects that I enjoy.

My mini 2 I thrown around like a rag doll , glove Compartment, and hang it around my neck, lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

@Mazdaman323lx well i would wait till you have watched a few reviews on it ,but if you think after watching those reviews ,that the Air 3 would serve your needs better than the Mavic 3c,then that is a choice that only you can make
Unless, you’re patient enough to wait for the Air 3S. 😅
🇨🇦👍

Well, as has been discussed, the only gain I can see is a bit smaller size, but really not much.

However, you'd be losing autonomous waypoint functionality, which is a huge thing to give up. Even if it's not a feature you use, the first time in the future you have a flight that would benefit, you'll be hating that Air 3 😁

Not to mention the other superior features and performance you'll be giving up.

I just don't see it.

• Wow
Reactions: careless
Well, as has been discussed, the only gain I can see is a bit smaller size, but really not much.

However, you'd be losing autonomous waypoint functionality, which is a huge thing to give up. Even if it's not a feature you use, the first time in the future you have a flight that would benefit, you'll be hating that Air 3 😁

Not to mention the other superior features and performance you'll be giving up.

I just don't see it.
Waypoints is not in the Air 3?

Waypoints is not in the Air 3?
No SDK supporting the A3 yet, so no. I'm assuming DJI is not including this functionality native in DJI Fly like for the M3x. Not surprising, as SDK's seem to always follow release of the drone (doesn't have to be that way), and after a lot of teeth knashing and caterwauling by customers (also doesn't have to be this way).

If an SDK is released, sometime in 2024, it will 99% likely support only Virtual Stick automation, requiring a good, continuous connection to the drone at all times.

The M3x line supports fully autonomous waypoint execution, and will continue and complete the mission if disconnected. It's hard to find the words to fully express the value of this feature 😁

Both drones are awesome, but they have some differences. Here are some things to consider:

The Mavic 3 Classic has a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad sensor that can capture 5.1K/50fps or 4K/120fps videos and 20MP photos. It also has a 46-minute flight time and an O3+ transmission system that can send a 1080p/60fps live feed up to 15 km
away. It also has omnidirectional obstacle sensing with APAS 5.0 technology that can avoid obstacles in all directions.

The New Air 3 has a 1-inch CMOS sensor that can capture 5.4K/30fps or 4K/60fps videos and 20MP photos. It has a 31-minute flight time and an O3 transmission system that can send a 1080p/30fps live feed up to 12 km away. It also has four-directional obstacle sensing, but no APAS technology.
The Mavic 3 Classic is more expensive than the New Air 3, but it also offers more features and performance. The drone only costs $1,469, but you need to buy a remote controller and a charger separately. The drone with the DJI RC and the Fly More Combo costs $1,9991.

The New Air 3 is cheaper than the Mavic 3 Classic, but it also has some limitations. The drone with the DJI RC and the Fly More Combo costs $1,2993.

Both drones are awesome, but they have some differences. Here are some things to consider:

The Mavic 3 Classic has a 4/3 CMOS Hasselblad sensor that can capture 5.1K/50fps or 4K/120fps videos and 20MP photos. It also has a 46-minute flight time and an O3+ transmission system that can send a 1080p/60fps live feed up to 15 km
away. It also has omnidirectional obstacle sensing with APAS 5.0 technology that can avoid obstacles in all directions.

The New Air 3 has a 1-inch CMOS sensor that can capture 5.4K/30fps or 4K/60fps videos and 20MP photos. It has a 31-minute flight time and an O3 transmission system that can send a 1080p/30fps live feed up to 12 km away. It also has four-directional obstacle sensing, but no APAS technology.
The Mavic 3 Classic is more expensive than the New Air 3, but it also offers more features and performance. The drone only costs $1,469, but you need to buy a remote controller and a charger separately. The drone with the DJI RC and the Fly More Combo costs $1,9991.

The New Air 3 is cheaper than the Mavic 3 Classic, but it also has some limitations. The drone with the DJI RC and the Fly More Combo costs $1,2993.
By that time Angel, might as well buy a M3 Pro! The good thing is that you can save some of your stuff from the 2S & use it on the new bird.The key is to have a RC Pro controller. My Air 2S was my first drone and really like flying it. It made me want to start my own business.
I just sold mine, and decided to move to the Mavic 3 line. For my business, I used a Mavic 3Pro for video and photo, and for mapping the Mavic 3 Enterprise.
I have 4 batteries between them and a RC Pro controller from my Air 2S that use w my 3Pro. They give me a 40-45 min flight time and a longer reception.
My next drone is either a M3E Thermal or if I can get the money, I'll buy a Autel Evo 2 Max Thermal. That one is a awesome thermal drone.

.The New Air 3 has a 1-inch CMOS sensor that can capture 5.4K/30fps or 4K/60fps videos and 20MP photos.
I believe this is incorrect. The dual sensor camera module has a 1/1.3" 12MP/48MP quad-Bayer main sensor, and a 1/2" sensor with 3x optical zoom.

Sensor size, Hasselblat colours, whatever it is.
I have both Mini 3 Pro and M3C. The Mini 3 Pro is exceptional but looking at the footage at a 4k editing monitor the Classic has a clear edge.

Sensor size, Hasselblat colours, whatever it is.
I have both Mini 3 Pro and M3C. The Mini 3 Pro is exceptional but looking at the footage at a 4k editing monitor the Classic has a clear edge.

The A3 does not have the same sensor as the Mini3P.

As a result, there's been some crow dinners consumed post-release from those claiming A3 inferior quality to the A2S and the M3C based on sensor size alone.

I don't have an A3 yet for comparison. However from the reviews I've seen (YT) and read, it looks like the majority opinion is A3 beats A2S and is about a wash with the M3C, depending on what's important for the image.

The computational image guys have continued to improve compensating for the larger errors in color channel reconstruction from quad-bayer filters. The clean, detailed 48MP images the sensor + GPU in the A3 are producing unexpected superb results.

Reactions: loop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne