DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should i sell my Pro and buy an Air?

JonnyBenson

Reactions
Anybody done the same?

The main reason i'm considering this is because of its size, i like how compact it looks.

My main worry is i've heard stories about the poor wi-fi on the Air.

Thoughts?

Doesn’t seem to be that big of a difference to warrant the $$ hit if the reason is just size
2r53pc7.jpg

Anybody done the same?

The main reason i'm considering this is because of its size, i like how compact it looks.

My main worry is i've heard stories about the poor wi-fi on the Air.

Thoughts?
I sold my Pro just before the Winter here in the UK . I just wasn't using it that much anymore and had lost the bug. However, I missed it so I plumped for an Air in the Spring. To give you some context I'd got the 'how many miles can my Pro do' out of my system quite early on and I knew that the reality is you need an absolute maximum range of c1000 metres.Even then nowadays I rarely go further than c700 metres, even though the Air is capable of much further. With the FCC hack (if you're in the UK) you will get fantastic range with the Air, and in my opinion it is an all round much more evolved product than the Pro. It's built like a tank.

To me the pro is superior, however the air have a much better gimbal and camera than the pro and smaller as well... That's the only advantages over the pro but the pro have occusyn built-in, outstand WiFi and able to reach miles in range easily plus 30 minutes of flying time.

To me the pro is superior, however the air have a much better gimbal and camera than the pro and smaller as well... That's the only advantages over the pro but the pro have occusyn built-in, outstand WiFi and able to reach miles in range easily plus 30 minutes of flying time.

30 minutes of flying time???

I sold my Pro just before the Winter here in the UK . I just wasn't using it that much anymore and had lost the bug. However, I missed it so I plumped for an Air in the Spring. To give you some context I'd got the 'how many miles can my Pro do' out of my system quite early on and I knew that the reality is you need an absolute maximum range of c1000 metres.Even then nowadays I rarely go further than c700 metres, even though the Air is capable of much further. With the FCC hack (if you're in the UK) you will get fantastic range with the Air, and in my opinion it is an all round much more evolved product than the Pro. It's built like a tank.
You ever had any connection issues?

You ever had any connection issues?
Not one, but only done about 30 flights. It has been solid as a rock though....When I first got it I wanted to test the range just the once and got it to 1.4 km before bottling out. It had one tiny glitch but it lasted a couple of secs at most, and I was only 50 metres altitude.

My buddy just bought a pro platinum a few weeks ago and his longest flight time is 24 minutes. I think sometimes they cheat on the flight times
Lol I don't think they cheat on flight times. It just has to do with a significant amount of variables. How fast you are flying, humidity, wind conditions, altitude, disabling vision sensors etc etc etc. The list goes on and on.

Lol I don't think they cheat on flight times. It just has to do with a significant amount of variables. How fast you are flying, humidity, wind conditions, altitude, disabling vision sensors etc etc etc. The list goes on and on.
That’s my whole point. You never get the advertised flight time

Reactions: Chief
That’s my whole point. You never get the advertised flight time

The advertised flight times are under “Perfect Conditions.”
My air can go about 18-19 mins as long as the wind is less than 5 knots.
Perfectly happy with the actual times I get versus the advertised times.
I also reviewed and researched about this same topic prior to buying the Mavic Air so I knew what I was getting into and what to expect.

The advertised flight times are under “Perfect Conditions.”
My air can go about 18-19 mins as long as the wind is less than 5 knots.
Perfectly happy with the actual times I get versus the advertised times.
I also reviewed and researched about this same topic prior to buying the Mavic Air so I knew what I was getting into and what to expect.
Relax dude. I was directing that to the guy that was saying he wanted the platinum because it got 30 minutes of flight time. My whole point was that he shouldn’t put so much weight on that because it will never get 30 minutes flight time in the real world.

Honestly, if you like it, just get it. Especially if size is your main criteria. You can fit the Air and controller where you'd otherwise just fit the Pro itself. Connection ain't half as bad as some people claim it to be, with exception when flying within a very densely populated neighborhood. But then again, why go for a compact travel drone if you'd only use it in your back garden? If you're planning on taking it on trips, it may definitely be interesting for you.
As for the flight time, unless you intent to aimlessly fly around until you find something cool to shoot, the flight time is more than sufficient to take the shot that you want.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS