DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I send it in?

J Herb

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2, I got it back in the beginning of July 2020. i’ve had a few minor crashes and have had to replace quite a few blades but I didn’t break anything until last Sunday, 20 December when I was flying in sport mode about 8 feet off the ground. I wanted to move about 18 feet forward but my signal didn’t get there in time to stop it from hitting a small bush. When it hit the bush it lost control & spun , flipped over and landed on its back on the ice. When I retrieved it I found that my rear left propellers were missing and the motor was broken off of the arm. I was concerned this was the type of plastic that does not bond with crazy glue. It isn’. I have the refresh and have not used it. With it being cold and ugly right now, I’m debating whether or not to send it in now. I glued it and am using the guards to add support but it operates perfectly now. I don’t want to fly it someplace and have that arm break off on me. Especially someplace where I couldn’t retrieve it. So I’m torn on whether or not to send it in now or wait till I crash it worse that I can’t repair it. Also, I’m certain it was a signal issue but if it was my fault, And I have the refresh what’s it gonna cost me? Thanks for any input.

Not sure what crazy glue is but if it's just the case that is broken, I would at least reinforce the glue with some fabric. Carbon fiber + epoxy resin will be the best but if you dont have access to these material, a piece of cotton cloth can also add a lot of strength.

I would be inclined to refresh it NOW, the repair might fail and if that happens you might, as noted, not be able to recover it ......or worse it could damage someone else's property or cause an injury.

That said I would wait and see what people think or know, will be DJI's response to your gluing

I have a Mavic Air 2, I got it back in the beginning of July 2020. i’ve had a few minor crashes and have had to replace quite a few blades but I didn’t break anything until last Sunday, 20 December when I was flying in sport mode about 8 feet off the ground. I wanted to move about 18 feet forward but my signal didn’t get there in time to stop it from hitting a small bush. When it hit the bush it lost control & spun , flipped over and landed on its back on the ice. When I retrieved it I found that my rear left propellers were missing and the motor was broken off of the arm. I was concerned this was the type of plastic that does not bond with crazy glue. It isn’. I have the refresh and have not used it. With it being cold and ugly right now, I’m debating whether or not to send it in now. I glued it and am using the guards to add support but it operates perfectly now. I don’t want to fly it someplace and have that arm break off on me. Especially someplace where I couldn’t retrieve it. So I’m torn on whether or not to send it in now or wait till I crash it worse that I can’t repair it. Also, I’m certain it was a signal issue but if it was my fault, And I have the refresh what’s it gonna cost me? Thanks for any input.
I think it’s $79 for the Mavic air 2.

Reactions: Rchawks and J Herb
I would send it in now. If you don’t get it repaired you are gonna worry about it every time you go up and cast a shadow over every flight. What’s it worth to remove the worry and make flying fun again?
KHAN!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: J Herb and Mavikhan
You would OBVIOUSLY send it in for repair or replacement based on the damage it has sustained. Why bother with buying the DJI Care if you are not going to use it. Sheesh.

I think it depends. If the refresh will expire soon. Use it. If you are very sure that only the case is broken and nothing else, glue it back.

Just use the Refresh. This is why you bought it. Don’t fly broken aircraft electively. You’ve got some crummy flying weather anyway if that number is your zip code.

Reactions: A.O. and Mavikhan
Packing it up now. This might sound like a silly question but because I’m sending it in and getting a new or comparabl to new one back do I include the gimbal cover? Also do I send the battery in? The instructions say to send in the drone and the propellers.

Packing it up now. This might sound like a silly question but because I’m sending it in and getting a new or comparabl to new one back do I include the gimbal cover? Also do I send the battery in? The instructions say to send in the drone and the propellers.
DJI should have told you.
however... I would send the drone with gimbal cover only based on my refresh experience.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Yes, after I posted my question I remembered it asked me if I was sending the battery and I clicked no. It’s packed and labeled with no battery and the gimbal cover on. Ships tomorrow. Thanks again.

Hmmm, DJI refresh, wrecked and damaged drone, debating sending it in???
Seems like simple math to me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb