DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I update?

How can I tell what firmware my new Mavic has? And should I update?
Connect to Mavic, Start GO4, then enter settings, scroll down to about, in there it lists the various versions. Up to you Re:update I have always updated, but there is a cult that swears to never do it again.

The firmware version is displayed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. Make sure your Mavic is connected to DJI GO before checking.

Uh oh, here we go again...

I personally do every update that comes along. It has NEVER caused an issue. I use iphone/ipad.

HOWEVER, If you want to fly at 10,000 feet or more, or if you do not want to be notified by the software before you take off that you are standing in a airport glideslope or a No fly zone, you may want to join the dark side and figure out how to hack software and which firmware to run. Its totally up to you.

If it's not broken leave it!
And if you dont update it may break.
Its what updates are for, to fix flaws and bugs in software.
After all, who knows their product best but the engineers and Programmers of the device.

And if you dont update it may break.
Its what updates are for, to fix flaws and bugs in software.
After all, who knows their product best but the engineers and Programmers of the device.
Is that right?
From my experience the latest update V.01.04.0200 has just rendered my Mavic with less features than before. No Pano modes and no Quickshot and no resolution from DJI as yet. Hence my suggestion if all is well leave it alone!

If only they would just fix the current known bugs and leave the rest of the program alone. I am sick of all the updates of GO and FW and all the additional stuff they keep squeezing in without telling. However, every update they fix stuff that only they know and it just might be important. You never know what dangerous bug is still left in your current version if you decide not to update. They never publish complete release notes, only the stuff they want to share.
Misleading both public and the competition no doubt.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc