DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I use DJI care to fix a slight out of allignment rotator arm after crash?

Drizz

Reactions
Guys looking for some advice.

I'm new to this, the Air is my first drone.

Long story short I didn't leave enough stopping distance in sport mode and the poor air went through some sparse shrubs and into the house bricks.

She's a tough bit of gear. Front impact. Broke 2 props some dings in the front, but I am worried about the front right rotor arm on the side of the impact. The arm doesn't have a single mark on it, so it wasn't hit. I suspect the arm hinge has moved ever so slightly and the foldable arm seems to be on a slightly different angle to the other. The arm has a slight creaking sound when you fold it up now.

I have flown about 3-4 full batteries time since the crash with no issue. It seems to hover and fly fine, not sure if its just me but it seemed like the top speed in P mode was slightly less now.

My question is, should I worry? if everything else seems ok don't worry about having it sent away? My main concern was them just sending me a refurb unit with way more hours on the motors etc.

Here are some shots of the damage.

20180223_203829.jpg 20180223_203859.jpg 20180226_110748.jpg

With the Air as new as it is, the chances of getting a refurb are pretty slim until they have a number of them returned.
(I guess nobody knows what that number is....!!!)
It looks like you got more than a misaligned arm going on there..... I would send it in for replacement.

I had a Mavic Platinum that had a wonky camera and they replaced it with a new bird. I was told that they hadn't started refurbing them yet since it was too new of a product.

Reactions: Drizz
Thanks for the advice!
The only other annoying thing is that I'll be grounded for 2-4 weeks until the new unit arrives which will SUCK.

Lesson learned.

Lesson learned.

Hardest lessons are the ones remembered the most.
The more pain, the more we learned from it.....

I learned mine by defocusing my attention to trying to video a fleeing duck and hit a tree. Only 10 feet up but it broke the gimbal on an inspire 1 X5 which set me back $1400!!
I never fly by camera now and never very low. Too easy to miss what is around you.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake