DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should we all request RMA for Repair

You're going to return your Mavic because of a software issue that can be fixed with a firmware download? That doesn't make any sense at all. Just use the Feedback function within the app to let DJI know about the problem. That's what it's there for. The actual speed of my Mavic is probably the least important thing to me, but whatever floats your drone.

Reactions: halley
I don't get it, whats new about this?
The App is riddled with incorrect units of measurement once you put it in imperial mode. Many items still show in Metric and others like the speed are in the wrong imperial units.
If DJI was trying to hide something they would have fudged the Metric speed numbers first since 80% of the planet uses the metric system. BTW this is nothing new to DJI, I have all sorts of equipment from the EU that gives me wrong imperial measurements. I am sure some guy in China is using an American product and screaming that the Date is wrong and the readout is in M/s instead of Km/h.

Reactions: halley
The "issue" such that it is, is in the DJIGO app. You only see it with imperial units set as your preference. Then the app shows mph speed incorrectly while the RC display shows correct mph speed. Use another app like Litchi and mph speed is correct and matches on both displays.
One would assume the fix is simply a change in DJIGO app not even a firmware update.

Well I've white knuckled the sticks to their hilt and it said 65 mph, sure looked like it too the way the bird was whizzing. 45 mph is fast though

Once I updated my Go app and switched to iOS, the correct MPH was shown. Before I updated, I had a top speed of over 60 MPH on my Android device.
In either case, I never got a good shot from mashing the throttle forward in Sport mode anyway...

In reference to DJI GO4 app horizontal speed mph onscreen display.

For those that have yet to figure it out, Dji has our Mavic's set to display the horizontal speed incorrectly. It's not a mistake because there has been updates that would've been easiest to correct the situation. The way it is currently set it allows the aircraft to "appear" to be traveling faster then what it actually is.

Even though the display is shown as mph, it's not. DJI has the app coding set using fps or "feet per second".
It's also quite possible that the Mavic may not even be able to fly the advertised 40mph in Sport mode with no wind.

Around 3 weeks around I was testing sport mode with 15-20mph wind gust from the rear and it was somewhat difficult to display 64mph onscreen of the monitor. The 64mph was an honest 43.5mph.

There is really no reason why DJI could not straighten this out before the magazines start printing the story. Maybe a few calls to DJI tech to find out why and when this might be fixed?
I agree. The GPS we use in out cars is usually only off the spedo reading by a couple mph. And I don't believe they use as many satellites at the Mavic does. It should be more accurate when flying longer distances.

Simple fix for those that are unhappy with their Mavic Pro simply sell it instead of whining on this forum. The demand for resale is high at this time and you can probably get what you paid for it or a little more. Some of you folks need to get real. Very happy with my Mavic Pro preformance.
Dr E MD

Simple fix for those that are unhappy with their Mavic Pro simply sell it instead of whining on this forum. The demand for resale is high at this time and you can probably get what you paid for it or a little more. Some of you folks need to get real. Very happy with my Mavic Pro preformance.
Dr E MD
Well said [emoji1]

Sent from my KING7 using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: MavicEric
Dr E MD

You must of had a good day of winning at the office Dr.

Dr E MD

You should practice what you preach. Meaning if you don't like the subject...get to steppin. Nobody that I know of forces you to read this thread.

The point of the thread is, dji will continue rolling over you the customer as long as you allow it. If you don't speak up, they'll never know anything is wrong. It's not like you would be asking them to sell at 1/2 price. It would just be a matter of asking that the product be what they say it is.

I used the faulty MPH Speed as it is a clear and obvious issue. And of course I could have used/mentioned one of the other ON-GOING issues, but I didn't. Nor did I say anything about actually shipping the aircraft anywhere. The title of the thread "Request RMA".

Dji hired a team which are individuals located regional in different countries to monitor and work with those of us on social media to provide overall better customer experience. I'm sure each of you already knew about this, and also sure that the individual in your area has announced who they are and how to contact them should you need any help related to a Dji product.

You should practice what you preach. Meaning if you don't like the subject...get to steppin. Nobody that I know of forces you to read this thread.

The point of the thread is, dji will continue rolling over you the customer as long as you allow it. If you don't speak up, they'll never know anything is wrong. It's not like you would be asking them to sell at 1/2 price. It would just be a matter of asking that the product be what they say it is.

I used the faulty MPH Speed as it is a clear and obvious issue. And of course I could have used/mentioned one of the other ON-GOING issues, but I didn't. Nor did I say anything about actually shipping the aircraft anywhere. The title of the thread "Request RMA".

Dji hired a team which are individuals located regional in different countries to monitor and work with those of us on social media to provide overall better customer experience. I'm sure each of you already knew about this, and also sure that the individual in your area has announced who they are and how to contact them should you need any help related to a Dji product.
When I spend $1299, or more on a drone, I expect to receive a unit that has a UI that works as advertised. I don't expect it, as a new product, to be flawless, but this should have been corrected by now in a firmware update. You must convert your desired altitude and range from feet to meters before entering them in settings. I guess thats what SIRI is for...

A radar gun would probably set the record straight.

It's actually shocking that with the hundreds of YouTube videos no one has borrowed a radar Gun and clocked a Mavic.

Rob

I'm using metric display, so no. Display is correct, and yes it does meet the specs.

Nor did I say anything about actually shipping the aircraft anywhere. The title of the thread "Request RMA".

Well... if you request it you'll have it granted since the front-line drones have no idea, and you'll spend 2 weeks without your Mavic for nothing. Enjoy :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard