DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show Off Your Case

Nice hard cases but not as practical for hikes, trails or biking. I recall Youtube DJI poster Ed Ricker getting one of these after purchasing his first Mavic Pro only to ditch it for a soft case for long walks 6 months later. It was simply too bulky and rigid. No doubt these are all great cases but the DJI case with shoulder strap cannot be beat for hikes, walks or even biking.
I agree. Hard cases are good for commercial/industrial work environments where the drone can be thrown in the back of a pickup, transported outdoors in potential rain, or shipped to a jobsite across the country, however for the typical hobbyist, using a backpack is more versatile and convenient, not to mention less expensive. This is the one I use for my M2Z. I like hiking to my flight spots, in an effort to "fly stealth" where nobody can see or interrupt my flight enjoyment. I often ride my ebike to access remote places to fly, and backpacks are ideal for that. Backpacks just works better in more places, plus it's lighter to tote. When flying on vacation, toting the drone through the airport terminal is much easier on my back, since I have other luggage to pull through the airport/parking lot to check in. The backpack is so light with all the equipment inside that 80% of the time I'll throw it over one shoulder for short treks less than 1000'.

I bought a nice Microraptor hard case 5yrs ago for my P3P and I have actually used it only twice. After I found the Thinktank Heliport backpack for my Phantom, I never used my hardcase again. I have tried to sell it for 3yrs, but no success yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: suade8880
This thread is to help the newcomers who have just bought the MA2 or about to get one that is still looking for a case that is best suited for them. Please share the type of case you got whether it's customized, homemade or bought along with price or perhaps a link to purchase.

I'll start....
The one I got is a small and compact hard case with the outer soft touch. Got it here for $24..Hard Soft Touch Case Perhaps I'll get me a bigger case once I get more batteries.

35dzak.jpg

WftwAg.jpg

JE8aUt.jpg
I like the fly more case for it’s size for short trips, I use my camera backpack for longer trips. It fits my digital camera, osmo action, osmo pocket and MA2 with charger that I also use for charging the action/pocket

Took like 900 weeks to get to me from China, but it arrived. ??

Attachments

• 5CD23E05-6ADB-4E22-96D2-CC97E6FE611D.jpeg
    5CD23E05-6ADB-4E22-96D2-CC97E6FE611D.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 79
  • 768704DC-861B-4906-B19C-1BFE78C92F3D.jpeg
    768704DC-861B-4906-B19C-1BFE78C92F3D.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 96
  • 3362C838-5D55-4334-A121-72EBC9807401.jpeg
    3362C838-5D55-4334-A121-72EBC9807401.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 100
I see $5 shipping to the US. Where do you see more than that?
When I went to buy it the total cost with shipping from the U.S. was over $50. If I remember the shipping was $24.83. I really like the case, but the shipping costs gives me concern because it is so way out of line. Where did you see$5.00.5D29EF2A-4A9A-42E6-A2EB-A01FA79AC6AB.jpeg

Last edited:
When I went to buy it the total cost with shipping from the U.S. was over $50. If I remember the shipping was $24.83. I really like the case, but the shipping costs gives me concern because it is so way out of line. Where did you see$5.00.View attachment 106069

Oh I see what happened. You have selected shipped from the US which means it will come faster but at a higher cost. There is much cheaper shipping under $5 which was what I meant but that will be shipped from China which takes longer. Unfortunately, some of the cases aren't readily available right away due to the MA2 being relatively new. :(

Reactions: Paulf10
£20 on Amazon! Does the job.
The fly more case zip has already broken!

Attachments

• 15933386113926387421024537779259.jpg
    15933386113926387421024537779259.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
Here is my customized Apache 3000 direct from Harbor Freight! - recessed area on right allows for iPad bracket, and spare SD case. Very happy with this!

Note the Patriotic mask - we must practice appropriate social distancing!!IMG_0916 copy.jpgIMG_0919.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my customized Apache 3000 direct from Harbor Freight! - recessed area on right allows for iPad bracket, and spare SD case. Very happy with this!

Note the Patriotic mask - we must practice appropriate social distancing!!View attachment 106148View attachment 106149

Nice!! I dig the compartment under the iPad. I need to get a bigger case so I can store my iPad mini. Regret not getting one.?

Reactions: Paulf10
This thread is to help the newcomers who have just bought the MA2 or about to get one that is still looking for a case that is best suited for them. Please share the type of case you got whether it's customized, homemade or bought along with price or perhaps a link to purchase.

I'll start....
The one I got is a small and compact hard case with the outer soft touch. Got it here for $24..Hard Soft Touch Case Perhaps I'll get me a bigger case once I get more batteries.

35dzak.jpg

WftwAg.jpg

JE8aUt.jpg
Great thread. Just got the MA2 and already looking for case options.

I have a question though, I want to use my iPad mini and have a collapsible holder on order so I need a little extra space or maybe an outside pocket for the iPad mini. Thoughts or ideas for that?

Great thread. Just got the MA2 and already looking for case options.

I have a question though, I want to use my iPad mini and have a collapsible holder on order so I need a little extra space or maybe an outside pocket for the iPad mini. Thoughts or ideas for that?

I use both in my Apache case and it’s fine.
159856f3b5b0546c18ce729f47db026c.jpg

Orca back pack. Works for photography gear or Mavic 2 Pro drone. Holds three batteries and iPad, charger and other, small stuff It's a fantastic back park but as I add more batteries and other accessories, I'm going to switch to larger hard case.

IMG_3093.jpgIMG_3095.jpg

Orca back pack. Works for photography gear or Mavic 2 Pro drone. Holds three batteries and iPad, charger and other, small stuff It's a fantastic back park but as I add more batteries and other accessories, I'm going to switch to larger hard case.

View attachment 106264View attachment 106265

Looks like a high quality back pack. I see a lot of room left in the drone department, does it shake back and forth a lot while being transported?

I have to admit, I'm really torn on what I want for a case. I carried a backpack when I had a Phantom and it was massive to carry around. Then I moved to the MP and got a hard plastic case which was an awesome difference in size to the P3 but after carrying that many times to the airport and to various places everywhere, I'm really looking forward to something even smaller for the MA2.

The DJI case that came with the fly more is great but doesn't offer enough protection and I like using an iPad. So I'm still on the fence of what to get next. Softside with inside protection, a place for the ipad mini, and easy to transport is what I think I'm looking for.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure