DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Show us your drone graphics!

Bad Santa

Reactions
I was looking at the regulations for flying and the FAA site said you have to have your registration number ON the drone. Makes sense.

I sort of likened it to the tail number on an airplane.

Anyhow, since I want to comply, I was wondering how people added this number to their drones. Just curious. (Block out numbers if you're bothered by people knowing it).

And then I started thinking that I want to add my name and contact info to my drone. Again, wondering how people did this. I was originally thinking of using a Sharpie but A) my handwriting has become atrocious and B) seems kind of tacky as opposed to professional. Don't get me wrong, it would be fine. I am in the graphics industry so, naturally, I think along those lines.

And then there's "decoration".

I have a vinyl cutter and saw templates for my drone (DJI mini 4). The templates seem quite complex and maybe I'd just do cuts for the big sections. Little vinyl pieces could come loose easily, I'd think. Who knows?
I saw some examples of how people had decorated their drones, including someone who had done theirs in camo. I thought it would be cool to have a camo drone but then thought, NO! It's going to blend with trees. Lose it and you'll never find it.
So I was thinking "sky blue". No, bad idea. Even the natural color is kind of a bad idea for the sky.

Maybe fluorescent green? Maybe Candy Apple Red glitter? The options are endless.

So, what have you all done?

The easily and best way IMO to comply with the regulations plus have something that is effective and look nice is free and it's here:

Good info.
I'm assuming they benefit, somehow, through selling contact info (unless they're government subsidized).
It will be interesting to see the emails that come in with the unique spelling of my name for the envelope.

Good info.
I'm assuming they benefit, somehow, through selling contact info (unless they're government subsidized).
It will be interesting to see the emails that come in with the unique spelling of my name for the envelope.
Probably but IMO, there's no reason why any drone operator in teh US wouldn't want to be apart of the Pilot Institute organization. They are honorable and they are patriots when it comes to the drone community.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ