DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shutter and Photo/Video toggle buttons quit working

LeeG

Reactions
I had thought maybe these were definable and I accidentally cleared them in the Fly app, but I can not find such a setting (except for the customizable button).

They originally worked when I first received my MA2. They quit working sometime prior to the 1.1.4 version update, and the recent update did not repair this. At present I can only perform these functions on-screen in Fly.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there any way for me to fix it?

Thanks for your help - Lee

I had thought maybe these were definable and I accidentally cleared them in the Fly app, but I can not find such a setting (except for the customizable button).

They originally worked when I first received my MA2. They quit working sometime prior to the 1.1.4 version update, and the recent update did not repair this. At present I can only perform these functions on-screen in Fly.

Anyone else having this issue? Is there any way for me to fix it?

Thanks for your help - Lee
Perhaps uninstall the Fly App, turn the phone off then on and reinstall the Fly app. Then try again.

I haven't tried it yet, but I got an answer on DJI forums. It is KNOWN to behave this way when BLUETOOTH is disabled. Cockpit error!!

Turns out someone has tried enabling BT and it did not resolve the issue. NOT cockpit error?? I see others on DJI forum are having the issue. Apparently no one here? You can mitigate with the FLY app on-screen controls, but no one has figured out how to bring the controller back to life yet. Again, this applies to both 1.1.2 and 1.1.4 versions of FLY. Some else said they pressed the buttons many times repeatedly, and eventually the MA2 responded. I tried several times, but perhaps not enough. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Curiously those buttons started working last night for me. No idea what brought them back.

Curiously those buttons started working last night for me. No idea what brought them back.
I find that half the time they don't work. The left function button doesn't work either. I have to land, close the app, turn controller off, disconnect phone(S9 plus) and start over. Then it all works. I'm sure there's an order to do things that will ensure buttons work the first time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580