DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shutter speed

RonAndres

Reactions
Hi all!

I have been watching some videos about manual camara settings and noticed that the values of the shutter speed in my drone (mavic air) are fraction values like 1/100, 1/50, 1/200, etc rather than integer values like I saw onthe videos and tutorials 1, 25, 50, 60, etc. My question is, are those values the same? Is there a way to change that?

Regards!

I have been watching some videos about manual camara settings and noticed that the values of the shutter speed in my drone (mavic air) are fraction values like 1/100, 1/50, 1/200, etc rather than integer values like I saw onthe videos and tutorials 1, 25, 50, 60, etc. My question is, are those values the same? Is there a way to change that?
Normal shutter speeds (the time the shutter is open) are less than one second so almost all shutter speeds are fractions of a second.
You would only see longer shutter speeds for very low light conditions where you need to keep the shutter open longer to get enough light for correct exposure.
At very low shutter speeds you will have to deal with subject movement and possibly camera movement too.

Videos may be specifying integers as a reciprocal of the shutter speed as shorthand.
That or they are referring to something other than shutter speed, such as ISO.

Normal shutter speeds (the time the shutter is open) are less than one second so almost all shutter speeds are fractions of a second.
You would only see longer shutter speeds for very low light conditions where you need to keep the shutter open longer to get enough light for correct exposure.
At very low shutter speeds you will have to deal with subject movement and possibly camera movement too.
So, those values are going to be updated according to the light conditions? Sometimes I will get fraction values and other times I will get integer values?

So, those values are going to be updated according to the light conditions? Sometimes I will get fraction values and other times I will get integer values?
Unless you shoot in the dark, all shutter speeds you'll use will be fractions of a second.
The shutter speed is how long the shutter is open to let light in to the sensor.
The shutter speed has to be fast or everything will be blurred and/or overexposed.

Reactions: RonAndres
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ