DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Side obstical avoid not working.

ScottM2Zoom1

Reactions
New pilot, first drone, almost 100 hours flight time so far in first 2 months. Always noticed side obsticle avoidance is red in P mode with all turned on. Figured this was normal because sides turn green in T mode. As I begin to work on close proximity obsticle skills I switched to T mode and tested side avoidance today. It doesn't work even though it shows green active. Any thoughts that might help?(I will recalibrate sensors and try again this morning)

Last edited:
Reactions: Muz061
the side ones do not work that great honestly you need a pretty solid object. Tree limbs don't qualify. I KNOW this... sadly. Front and rear are pretty sensitive

New pilot, first drone, almost 100 hours flight time so far in first 2 months. Always noticed side obsticle avoidance is red in P mode with all turned on. Figured this was normal because sides turn green in T mode. As I begin to work on close proximity obsticle skills I switched to T mode and tested side avoidance today. It doesn't work even though it shows green active. Any thoughts that might help?(I will recalibrate sensors and try again this morning)

I think it’s only active in intelligent flight modes and tripod mode

The side sensors on the Mavic 2 are not stereoscopic, so they do not work in real time like the others do, and they only work in tripod mode, point of interest, circle, helix, boomerang, timelapse and active track. They work by comparing images, so they only work with slower consistent/predictable movement.

100 hours in two months thats a lot of flying you must have wonderful weather where you live and a lot of batteries and time ,is it something you do for a living,just asking

100 hours in two months thats a lot of flying you must have wonderful weather where you live and a lot of batteries and time ,is it something you do for a living,just asking
Retired, 57, live on 100 acres Texas hour out of Ft Worth. Plenty of time, plenty of batteries. Ferrel hogs destroy property and grass landing strip on property...mostly fly the property hunting hogs and
dispense of them with long range sniper rifle from back porch. Otherwise I pleasure fly in-between.

Retired, 57, live on 100 acres Texas hour out of Ft Worth. Plenty of time, plenty of batteries. Ferrel hogs destroy property and grass landing strip on property...mostly fly the property hunting hogs and
dispense of them with long range sniper rifle from back porch. Otherwise I pleasure fly in-between.
thanks for your reply i wish i had that sort of place to fly you are very lucky ,with the weather and other commitments here in the UK i am lucky to fly a couple of times a week happy flying

Reactions: ScottM2Zoom1

I have a 5,300 sq ft lot. But could use that rifle for the squirrels. They have taken up residence under my solar panels. But neighbors might be in jeopardy!

Reactions: ScottM2Zoom1
I hear that Texas has a pretty big problem with hogs wrecking property

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661