DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

side sensors

mkaiser

Reactions
hello

so when I powered my drone it has a green and red sensor light on the app screen - says only front and rear sensors working..... I tried this in the house - the drone was not flying or hovering..... I was jus updating it and it updated.

I am talking about the vision sensors...... also to add the drone was on the bed while I was updating.

The M2P side sensors are only active in certain modes. If you were in P or S, they are not active. They work in Tripod mode and there might be another mode or two they work in (I forget). The reason is because the side sensors are the least sensitive, so they only allow them to function in the slower modes.

Chris

Hi thanks. Okay what about the top and bottom sensor? The Vision sensor shows up at a green but with red sides... is that normal?

Top sensor is active and over ride the downward looking sensors ( so be careful if you fly UNDER something) in P and tripod mode BUT NOT in sports mode.
Bottom sensors, VPS and landing protection, are switchable in the "advanced settings" menu of the main sensor menu.

Last edited:
Oh don't do updates whilst the drone is sat on anything SOFT, you may lock air vents which may lead to overheating.
Also bed covers are designed to trap heat and therefore keep it from escaping from the bottom of the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys