DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sideways flight

Chief06

Reactions
So I got my Mavic 3 pro up today for the first time and the drone flies faster sideways to the left than it does to the right. Is that normal?

thanks for any assistance

@FLDave is right, how did you determine this? Doing this type of testing requires a Large field, Did I say "Large", I mean a really large field, not a back yard or some park with trees, kids, walkers, play sets, etc… but rather a Football Field, from goal post to goal post, with no wind…

It is best if you can record your screen so you can go back and review the video. Trying to fly your drone sideways while watching the speed indicator is not very scientific…

You fly the drone down to the end zone about 1/4 the way across the field, so that the front of your drone is looking at the wide part of the field, point your camera down, make sure you are over the goal line and you get at the 50-yard line, turn your drone so it is pointing right down the goal line. now lower the camera so it will show the yardage marker numbers in the video, this way, when you review the video, you will see exactly when you cross the 50-yard line…

Now crank that bird in full speed up Left or Right, and race it over the 50-yard line.

Bring it back to the goal line, but about 3/4 across the field and do the same.

By racing only 50-yards, you do not have to worry about stopping your drone before it crashes into something. But just releasing the stick, the drone will stop by itself…

Remember, you are a newbie and you need to be carful doing this or you will somehow manage to fly into a goal post, it's Murphy's Law…

You.jpg

How did you determine speed? What was the wind speed at the flight level?
It was at a hover. I was too close to my RV so the drone wouldn’t fly full speed sideways in that direction. When I got away from it, it was fine.

It was at a hover. I was too close to my RV so the drone wouldn’t fly full speed sideways in that direction. When I got away from it, it was fine.
Yeah, I saw your poating above after typed up my reply, but maybe it will help others...

Reactions: AirStag
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji