DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SIGNAL error

Jdr1234

Reactions
Hello all. I just bought a Mavic Pro last week and really enjoyed flying it. However, I was flying the other day about 20 feet from me under a large oak tree. I was bring it down for a landing on a patch of walkway under the tree. The drone suddenly lost signal and quickly ascended into the tree and crashed. I am curious if this was a user error, and if so what I could of done to drop this from occurring. However, if it was not my fault, what should I do to get it fixed. Thanks for any replies. John

what I could of done to drop this from occurring
If you're planning on flying beneath obstacles, you could set the "Remote Controller Signal Lost" setting to "Hover". Your Mavic would then hover in place if the remote controller signal is lost (instead of ascend and return home).

DJI-GO-RC-Signal-Lost.jpg

Thank you, but since the drone lost signal so close, is it my fault or should dji fix it.

is it my fault
DJI is not going to cover the repair cost unless it's some kind of hardware issue where your signal always drops. In most cases, signal loss is caused by interference in the flying area or an obstacle that comes between the Mavic and remote controller.

Wow. I just got my invoice and it was filed under a warranty repair. It would of been 444 dollars, but it was free. I am so thankful!

Reactions: Ron_Dog
No Signal Resolved

I live in Brazil, in the city of São Paulo and my friend has a Phantom 4 Pro that was without transmission of image, appearing in the display "No Signal", he changed and flat cable of the gimbal and No Sign disappeared and the image transmission returned to this is the solution and I believe that several colleagues have the same problem, so exchange your flat cable and solve this problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh