DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal loss when facing home

gb160

Reactions
Hi guys, first post so be gentle :)

Bit of background, Im extremely new to drone flying, although I've flown many 'toy' drones over the last few years this is my first 'proper' drone.
Overall I'm chuffed to bits with the Mavic Mini, I find it very easy and forgiving to fly, its an amazing bit of kit for the price.

I understand that the antennae in the mini is in the rear legs? so when flying away from my location there's no problems whatsoever, but when I turn it around to fly back quite often I'll get signal loss and lose picture for a while.
It's no problem as the mini always returns back to me, Is there anything I could do differently to avoid this? Am I doing something wrong ?

Hi guys, first post so be gentle :)

Bit of background, Im extremely new to drone flying, although I've flown many 'toy' drones over the last few years this is my first 'proper' drone.
Overall I'm chuffed to bits with the Mavic Mini, I find it very easy and forgiving to fly, its an amazing bit of kit for the price.

I understand that the antennae in the mini is in the rear legs? so when flying away from my location there's no problems whatsoever, but when I turn it around to fly back quite often I'll get signal loss and lose picture for a while.
It's no problem as the mini always returns back to me, Is there anything I could do differently to avoid this? Am I doing something wrong ?
not quite right they are in the front legs ,as you turn around to come back it changes the orientation of the flat antenna panels in the legs and for a short time the signal strength coming back to the RC can drop hence the signal loss you describe,its the same if you turn the RC so the flat part of the antennas is not pointing directly towards the drone

Reactions: gb160
not quite right they are in the front legs ,as you turn around to come back it changes the orientation of the flat antenna panels in the legs and for a short time the signal strength coming back to the RC can drop hence the signal loss you describe,its the same if you turn the RC so the flat part of the antennas is not pointing directly towards the drone
Ahh, thanks for pointing that out, it makes sense.
So after a short while after turning around, the signal loss should correct itself?

Reactions: old man mavic
it has a lot to do with the signal being scattered if you are out at a good distance and not at very much altitude you need the RC to have its antennas flat sides pointing towards the drone as much as you can not the tips of the antennas trees especially in leaf will absorb the signal and cause issues if you fly to close to them and of course flying in a WIFI rich enviroment will cause signal disruption

Reactions: WooZie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev