DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal Loss with Litchi right in front of me!

danCER

Reactions
Hello, I am not a novice with DJI drones--I have had a couple of Phantom 3 Standards--but I am new to the Mavic Pro.
I have used Litchi with my standards, so I am familiar with it.
So, I took the Mavic Pro out to fly in the wide open country, used Litchi with my Shield K1 tablet, and everything worked as expected. When I brought the Mavic back, not very far from me at all, The Litchi lady told me I had signal loss, but I was still able to control the bird and bring it in for a landing. It kept saying signal loss at top and the video image was frozen.
Later at home, I checked the video and sure enough it recorded all the way to the end when I landed.

I am wondering if the Litchi app just froze up on me and why it reported signal loss in the first place.

Anyone experience this?
Thanks for your time and help.

The Litchi lady told me I had signal loss, but I was still able to control the bird and bring it in for a landing. It kept saying signal loss at top and the video image was frozen.
Later at home, I checked the video and sure enough it recorded all the way to the end when I landed.

I am wondering if the Litchi app just froze up on me and why it reported signal loss in the first place.

The Litchi lady... :)

I would say that it's a cable connection problem. If the RC was still working, then the connection was lost between the RC and device. Either your cable was ajar somehow or the connection failed. I would suggest you replace the cable and use the USB port on the bottom of the RC (make sure to take the one out of the side port).

Reactions: Mossiback
The Litchi lady... :)

I would say that it's a cable connection problem. If the RC was still working, then the connection was lost between the RC and device. Either your cable was ajar somehow or the connection failed. I would suggest you replace the cable and use the USB port on the bottom of the RC (make sure to take the one out of the side port).
What he/she said. ↑↑

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!
I flew the Mavic later today from home and had no issues this time.
It was a brand new cable and I may have accidentally hit it while moving the sticks on my earlier flight..
Anyway, all seems to be fine--thanks again!

And yes, lisadoc, I have used the USB ever since I realized it was tricky connecting my phone using the other method. Like I said, I am using a Tablet instead now.

Thanks, guys!
I flew the Mavic later today from home and had no issues this time.
It was a brand new cable and I may have accidentally hit it while moving the sticks on my earlier flight..
Anyway, all seems to be fine--thanks again!

And yes, lisadoc, I have used the USB ever since I realized it was tricky connecting my phone using the other method. Like I said, I am using a Tablet instead now.
I was getting ready to fly today and the same thing happened to me while I was doing my flight check. I use the USB port on the bottom of the r/c with an 8" tablet and always have. I rebooted the r/c and litchi finally acknowledged the connection. My USB cable is good. Has this mystery ever been solved?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair