DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal Loss

AceV1

Reactions
I'm frustrated and at my wit's end. I've tried everything, I've read everywhere, no matter where I'm at.

My DJI Mavic Pro intermittently losses it's signal and camera functionality, via the Samsung Galaxy Tab A6. A week and a half ago, Michigan had a reprieve from its typically crappy weather, so I took the drone out and captured some great footage and stills flying over a local golf course. Zero problems.

This week; signal loss/camera transmission loss/latency; yet complete control over the drone. Not even so much as a slight drift away. When the signal is lost, and no matter what the RTH is set at; I still possess complete control, at all times (so far). I've used the Mavic without the tablet and traveled as far and as high (legally) as my eye can see, and I can clearly see I'm still in complete control of the Mavic. If I remember correctly--I started having issues ever since the last firmware update. But I've gone back to an older version(s) to no avail.

I've tried:
New cable(s)
Cleared caches.
Linking / Re-linking.
Airplane Mode (on/off)
Compass Recalibration.
Firmware updates/downgrades.
Different areas / scenarios (no magnetic interferance)

Did you try a different mobile device?

The Tab A 6 no longer works with Go4. I seem to have got mine to work by rooting the device and rolling back to Go 4 version .3
I still have more testing to do to confirm that its 'fixed'.
My other fix was to purchase a LE 3 x626 smart phone which is currently working on the latest software.

Did you try a different mobile device?
First and foremost; thank you for your response. It is greatly appreciated.

No. I have not. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. When I purchased the drone I discovered right off the bat that my phone wasn't compatible. So I did some research and read that the Samsung tablet as mentioned was. I got a heck of a deal on a open box from Best Buy. Never used it for nothing but a monitor. I removed all preloaded fluff. I even did a factory reset. It'll get costly if I have to keep up on tablets that are compatible. Can you recommend a droid tablet that is currently compatible?
Thank you!

The Tab A 6 no longer works with Go4. I seem to have got mine to work by rooting the device and rolling back to Go 4 version .3
I still have more testing to do to confirm that its 'fixed'.
My other fix was to purchase a LE 3 x626 smart phone which is currently working on the latest software.

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
Let me know your findings on "fix".
Could you kindly explain the process of "rooting the device and rolling back"?
Thanks and kind regards!

Aww AceV1, rooting the device is not simple, at least for me! I have all the files here, and am happy to upload them to a storm cloud somewhere!
We have weather, atm, so I'll do more testing shortly!

That reads fine, thank you. I look forward to your results. Furthermore, if and when that time comes; I use Google Drive for file sharing.

Thanks again and happy and safe flying.

Best Buy recommended the ASUS ZenPad 8.0 and it works great. They also mentioned that I wasn't the only Mavic owner using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A that was no longer compatible. DJI and Best Buy must love each other. Ha!

Thanks to you both for any and all info provided.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rufusbird2