DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal lost.... Drone is 20m away only

digiteye

Reactions
Something weird happened today. Mavic Air was about 20 meters away from me when I saw signal lost displayed.
Footage also stopped and the viewer showed black and white frozen image. Few seconds later back to signal then same again few more times. I had the impression that the signal was lost when I moved the joystick but it is not 100%
I have sens a return home command which was received and the drone started the return. In the meantime a warning signal showed, asking if I wanted to cancel the return home.

I've restarted the drone and the controller, but the next flight was the same.
Kinda worried about this

Did the message show on the DJI GO 4 app or on the controller?

I recently had an issue where my Mavic would disconnect entirely from DJI GO 4 after the most recent update, it seems to have been fixed by using an official Apple Lightning Cable...

But when this was happening the controller was still connected to the Mavic and was working perfectly.

(I am using a Mavic PP, not the Air)

Did the message show on the DJI GO 4 app or on the controller?

I recently had an issue where my Mavic would disconnect entirely from DJI GO 4 after the most recent update, it seems to have been fixed by using an official Apple Lightning Cable...

But when this was happening the controller was still connected to the Mavic and was working perfectly.
Well, this is about Mavic Air, so no display on the controller. It was on the GO4, Android version if that matters.

Well, this is about Mavic Air, so no display on the controller. It was on the GO4, Android version if that matters.

I reckon it would be worth trying another USB cable, it sounds like the same issue I was having when using the DJI cable.

Reactions: digiteye
Regarding connection issues, I've had solid connections on my Air up until yesterday. Had MASSIVE interference and video feed lag when I was flying. Not sure what happened but I always choose custom channels and went through 6 different channels and they all performed poorly. Some people say it could have been a high KP index yesterday that was the cause but I'm not sure. Also, when turned on the Air, it asked me to calibrate the compass. Ok, fine. Did that, didn't fly well. I moved to another area maybe 1000 feet away and it asked me to calibrate the compass again. Didn't end up flying. Came home to test the settings and it asked me AGAIN to calibrate the compass. This has me thinking that the KP index may be the issue. Just not sure.

Regarding connection issues, I've had solid connections on my Air up until yesterday. Had MASSIVE interference and video feed lag when I was flying. Not sure what happened but I always choose custom channels and went through 6 different channels and they all performed poorly. Some people say it could have been a high KP index yesterday that was the cause but I'm not sure. Also, when turned on the Air, it asked me to calibrate the compass. Ok, fine. Did that, didn't fly well. I moved to another area maybe 1000 feet away and it asked me to calibrate the compass again. Didn't end up flying. Came home to test the settings and it asked me AGAIN to calibrate the compass. This has me thinking that the KP index may be the issue. Just not sure.
Errr.... Sorry for my ignorance, but what KP index is about? No idea what that means.

Errr.... Sorry for my ignorance, but what KP index is about? No idea what that means.

It’s got something to do with the earth’s magnetic field and it can disrupt the drone’s GPS signal and video feed. Electromagnetic interference. It may or may not have been a factor for me yesterday but I’ve run into 3 other people who all had issues yesterday on their Air so that’s an odd coincidence. KP is something that could affect multiple people in different geographic areas. I’m no expert on this since I only started researching KP yesterday after having my issues.

It’s got something to do with the earth’s magnetic field and it can disrupt the drone’s GPS signal and video feed...

Well, I'm in Bangkok and most likely you are not. Those interferences are not global, I believe.
My issue should be originated from something else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikair3