DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal stopped. RTH just landed (crashed)

Ptevee

Reactions
I was approx 1300 feet away from my drone. It abruptly lost signal and just dropped. Airdata log shows RTH was activated but it just dropped. I recovered it in a tree!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 1.01.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 1.01.21 PM.png
    405 KB · Views: 169
I was approx 1300 feet away from my drone. It abruptly lost signal and just dropped. Airdata log shows RTH was activated but it just dropped. I recovered it in a tree!
Ouch - where the hell were you flying? Those warnings certainly show something which could cause the crash?!

Looks like you were flying in windy conditions? I could be wrong?

Zero wind... Perfect! I was in an area close to the garden of the gods in Colorado. Some houses but mostly scrub oak. Pretty open with great vantage point.

DJI says don't be concerned with the "not enough force\esc" error. But I wonder?? Get that error during all flights according to airdata

It's mavic mini. I do have footage of the whole crash! Having trouble uploading it to my Google account today. I will post it shortly.

It's mavic mini. I do have footage of the whole crash! Having trouble uploading it to my Google account today. I will post it shortly.
Don't worry about video or screenshots from Airdata.
If you want an idea about what happened, post a link to the Airdata report.

Cool!! Here ya go! The altitude warning is common as I am at 6200'.
You can see what your flight data looks like in this short summary: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Your Mini was showing altitude instability earlier in the flight before you initiated RTH.
It started losing altitude from 3:51.2 then gained altitude without corresponding joystick input and started losing altitude again at 4:21.6 but recovered again.
You initiated RTH at 4:38.6 at 122 feet altitude.
It maintained altitude until 4:51.1 when it started losing altitude again.

At 4:50.5 it also stopped maintaining pitch which caused it to lose speed.

These are the two fatal flaws that too many Mavic Minis have been showing.
There's plenty of evidence there to support a warranty claim
Signal loss would have been due to the building between you and the drone, blocking your line of sight as the drone came lower.

DJI says don't be concerned with the "not enough force\esc" error. But I wonder?? Get that error during all flights according to airdata
It's a strong indication of the uncommanded descent problem that's caused the loss of many Minis .. and continues to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007