DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silly question

Jeff A

Well Worn Member
Reactions
I shot a group of photos and when I got home and removed the Micro SD card, it fell about 2 feet onto my hardwood floor. I heard it hit. After that the SD card decided to go to another galaxy far, far away. I stripped my office and cannot find it. Would the last photos taken be cached on the drone somewhere?

Last edited:
Not at the same quality, no.

At least it wasn't the dreaded, spring-action "across the room" flight of the SD card. That would be terrible — ASK ME HOW I KNOW!

I would keep looking for the card. I once had to take apart the center console in my car to retrieve one of these.

Chris

Not at the same quality, no.

At least it wasn't the dreaded, spring-action "across the room" flight of the SD card. That would be terrible — ASK ME HOW I KNOW!

I would keep looking for the card. I once had to take apart the center console in my car to retrieve one of these.

Chris
They were RAW files (.DNG) so they would be useless if found in a cache?

Cache will only have low quality (resolution) jpgs. And low quality video

Paul C

Reactions: Thomas B
I shot a group of photos and when I got home and removed the Micro SD card, it fell about 2 feet onto my hardwood floor. I heard it hit. After that, the SD card decided to go to another galaxy far, far away. I stripped my office and cannot find it. Would the last photos taken be cached on the drone somewhere?

I've put a pantihose sock over the nozzle end of the sweeper. Then run the sweeper, It will let dirt through but catch the miniSD card.
Also, your wife will thank you for sweeping.

So.... did you find it?
Several weeks later I was putting on my shoes (a pair I wear daily) in the living room. I got up from my chair and was heading out of the room when I spotted the Micro SD card on the carpet. I had looked in my shoes in the very beginning and again later when searching failed to locate the card. I have determined that Micro SD Cards are Diabolical! BTW, the SD Card was damaged and I could not retrieve any images off of it.

Those micro SD cards are pesky little suckers and aren't meant for the ham handed. I drop small things all the time so I know the ordeal you went through. I'm particularly tortured with small screws that I need to put stuff back together. What I found helps me find stuff on the floor and under desks, chairs, beds is a flashlight (no, not the one on my phone) that helps me focus on smaller areas and the low angle of the light often accentuates shapes that helps me find things from that other galaxy or dimension. On metal things other than electronics I often use a strong magnet to "sweep" the area, though I wouldn't dare try it looking for a ? computer chip .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan