DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

simple panoramas

Sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner- was out for dinner. My goal is to produce works like Robert Prior on this forum. He does 360 panoramas which can be clicked and moved and dragged around. as seen on
Hope you enjoyed your dinner. I will let Robert Prior explain the process to get this effect. Really not to hard to do but I will let him explain.

Sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner- was out for dinner. My goal is to produce works like Robert Prior on this forum. He does 360 panoramas which can be clicked and moved and dragged around. as seen on
First, you have to understand that the clicking-and-dragging-around is separate from creating the panorama. It requires a viewer of some sort. QuickTime used to be able to do that but no longer supports it, so the easiest way to to that is use a web viewer. I use Roundme (and Flickr) for display, but Kuula also works. You can also use a package to create web pages for your own site, like this one:

Pano2vr (the software used to create the above site) also creates widgets that can be embedded in iBooks for offline viewing on an Apple device, like these:

While pano2vr produces panoramas which don't depend on a third party, it is more complicated to use.

If you have created a spherical panorama in equirectangular projection you can upload it to Roundme or Kuula and it can be scrolled around. It really is that simple. The constraints are that it must cover 360° x 180°, and the aspect ratio must be 2:1.

I suggest you create an account on Roundme.com, shoot a spherical panorama in auto mode with one of your drones, and upload the stitched panorama produced by the drone. You will see how easy getting a scrolling view is.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
PanGazer is a free utility written by a forum member that allows viewing panoramas on a Windows computer, rather than having to upload them to a website. I've been using it for a couple of months. It has a nice feature for exporting flat images from a 360 pano.

Have a look at posts 35 - 37 in this thread for details:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas