DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

simple panoramas

retiredNH

Reactions
I can't seem to find any settings for simple panoramas - say a 3 or 5 frame one. Could it be that the Air 2S doesn't do something this simple? It's not that hard to manually do one in post, but geesh...

I can't seem to find any settings for simple panoramas - say a 3 or 5 frame one. Could it be that the Air 2S doesn't do something this simple? It's not that hard to manually do one in post, but geesh...
Best to do simple panos manually. If you have Photoshop or Lightroom, it takes seconds and you can do up to 8 or 9 images. I usually do 3 to 4. Upload images to Lightroom or Photoshop, highlight them (CMD+A), right click on any image>drop down menu>Merge to Panorama. After the merge is finished you can edit to your taste. Here is a 6 frame pano done with the above workflow. (Mavic 3, 7x zoom, 30% overlap using grid on RCPro controller).

Dale

Attachments

• Six -6- image drone pano downtown Miami at 7xmag-lorez.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: twickers14
Best to do simple panos manually. If you have Photoshop or Lightroom, it takes seconds and you can do up to 8 or 9 images. I usually do 3 to 4. Upload images to Lightroom or Photoshop, highlight them (CMD+A), right click on any image>drop down menu>Merge to Panorama. After the merge is finished you can edit to your taste. Here is a 6 frame pano done with the above workflow. (Mavic 3, 7x zoom, 30% overlap using grid on RCPro controller).

Dale
Yes, Dale, been doing them manually for years...you maybe missed my mention of that in my original post?

Yes, Dale, been doing them manually for years...you maybe missed my mention of that in my original post?
Can you teach me how to do the tiny planet that unfolds to 360 and can be moved around on the screen? I've been struggling for at least a year with PTGui and Kuula trials of pro softwares, without success.

Can you teach me how to do the tiny planet that unfolds to 360 and can be moved around on the screen? I've been struggling for at least a year with PTGui and Kuula trials of pro softwares, without success.
This company has free Apps for the computer that will do just that. Pretty simple to use. Just drag and drop any 360 photo.

You have the option to post it up to their social media site to share on facebook, twitter and a couple of other ones. Here is a direct link.
Thanks for sticking with this. I already have been playing with it. I installed the app (iMAC), and tried to drag in the 25 jpg images that my Mavic 3 shot when I selected the round planet icon but it said "no." Only takes the round planet. Now I have to re-shoot a test and find the round planet on my SD card. Very frustrating.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thanks for sticking with this. I already have been playing with it. I installed the app (iMAC), and tried to drag in the 25 jpg images that my Mavic 3 shot when I selected the round planet icon but it said "no." Only takes the round planet. Now I have to re-shoot a test and find the round planet on my SD card. Very frustrating.
Ya there was a stitching App but that one as you said is for their cameras I think. I just use any of my finished 360 pana photos already stitched together. Like I said I don't use it much but its fun to play with. If your on facebook or twitter people seem to like the posted images.

Ya there was a stitching App but that one as you said is for their cameras I think. I just use any of my finished 360 pana photos already stitched together. Like I said I don't use it much but its fun to play with. If your on facebook or twitter people seem to like the posted images.
All of this time I have been fiddling with various apps including PT Guide and Kuula. Tried 25 jpg images- no go. Tried stitched image from PTGui into Kuula, no go. Ugh! I really don't want to buy a 360 camera. Still at sea.

PTGUI won't do that, unless they've added a custom viewer, because that unfolding trick is a function of the viewer not the stitching software.

PTGUI won't do that, unless they've added a custom viewer, because that unfolding trick is a function of the viewer not the stitching software.
So, Robert, please point me in the correct direction for learning how to do the wonderful stuff that you publish here. I'm retired, willing to learn and study, and will watch any tutorial(s).

Dale I'm really not sure what your hoping to do. From your comments it seems you hope to take all your photos and turn them into a little planet type of photo. From my experience this is all done once you have a 360 photo finalized and upload it to a site that will allow the little planet option or with the App that I provided a link to but you do need to take all your photos and stitch them together before this will happen.
Perhaps I am not getting what you want to do.

Dale I'm really not sure what your hoping to do. From your comments it seems you hope to take all your photos and turn them into a little planet type of photo. From my experience this is all done once you have a 360 photo finalized and upload it to a site that will allow the little planet option or with the App that I provided a link to but you do need to take all your photos and stitch them together before this will happen.
Sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner- was out for dinner. My goal is to produce works like Robert Prior on this forum. He does 360 panoramas which can be clicked and moved and dragged around. as seen on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi