DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Simple question - is Litchi with $22 USD?

Imtnbike

Reactions
Fairly new to MP (Christmas gift - thanks honey!) and have heard of Hangar, Autodrone and most popular (correct me if I’m wrong) Litchi.

Is it worth the $22 for setting waypoint flights before heading out to fly?

All feedback is appreciated!

Reactions: macusers
I think it's worth the purchase. Waypoints is a fun feature and can make some nice autonomous camera/movements that no pilot could recreate. Point of interest can also give some nice shots in a way DJI doesn't.

I have a lot of disconnects in DJI go and zero with litchi, which is more than likely a phone issues but fixes that for me.

Also you can get a FPV experience with a phone VR box as Litchi has this functionality. Much cheaper then any other FPV system you can buy.

I still jump back on DJI go every so often as it has a few extra settings that you can't adjust in litchi.

Got the Litchi app and have done a couple of flights.
Very impressed with it and well worth the $22!

Worth every penny. That said, I didn't screw with Litchi until after I had over 100 flights on DJI Go 4.

I usually suggest that people become familiar with the Go4 App before dipping their toes in the Litchi pool.

I bought the Litchi app years ago and used it twice [emoji38]. I did finally find my sign in info and it links to my birds still.
I bought the app before DJI had added the other modes. Now they have almost the same modes as Litchi, so I haven’t dove into the other app yet. I wish I had someone close enough that has Litchi to show me the “ Works”. I have read numerous times online that it does have some better/easier ways to enjoy the bird. If we were back in the Old Western Days, I’d be called a Simpleton

Reactions: Imtnbike
I bought the Litchi app years ago and used it twice [emoji38]. I did finally find my sign in info and it links to my birds still.
I bought the app before DJI had added the other modes. Now they have almost the same modes as Litchi, so I haven’t dove into the other app yet. I wish I had someone close enough that has Litchi to show me the “ Works”. I have read numerous times online that it does have some better/easier ways to enjoy the bird. If we were back in the Old Western Days, I’d be called a Simpleton

Check out videos on youtube. The main reason I bought it was for the waypoint mode which is lightyears better than DJI GO 4. It has also come in handy as a backup app when an iOS update killed DJI GO 4 for a few days while I was out of town. Without Litchi, I wouldn't have been able to fly.

It's not worth $22... It's worth more. It never crashes - at least not for me after a year of using it on multiple Android devices. Waypoints = superior to Go4. And the panorama mode doesn't have the exposure issues that Go4 has. Just remember, you still need Go4 to be able to access and change most of the advanced parameters on your drone.

It's not worth $22... It's worth more. It never crashes - at least not for me after a year of using it on multiple Android devices. Waypoints = superior to Go4. And the panorama mode doesn't have the exposure issues that Go4 has. Just remember, you still need Go4 to be able to access and change most of the advanced parameters on your drone.

Good point... my main secondary use of Litchi is the panorama mode. It's very quick to take an 8 shot pano and then I use Lightroom to stitch together a 49 megapixel image.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Good point... my main secondary use of Litchi is the panorama mode. It's very quick to take an 8 shot pano and then I use Lightroom to stitch together a 49 megapixel image.
Have you tried the 360 pano? I mount a small sports cam on top of my Mavic, to fill in the sky - for a true 360x180. The end result is a 200+ megapixel image that is mind blowing.

I have not... do you have an example of one?
Here's my favorite: Banner Mountain Lookout Tower, Nevada City, CA [v6c] - I had to Photoshop in the sky on this one, as I was not yet using the top camera. And frankly, I'm still searching for a light weight sports cam that takes images as nice as a GoPro without costing as much as a GoPro - or weighing in as heavy.

Here's a breakdown of how I am shooting:

Figured out how to get perfect 360°x180° panorama using Mavic Pro!

Fairly new to MP (Christmas gift - thanks honey!) and have heard of Hangar, Autodrone and most popular (correct me if I’m wrong) Litchi.

Is it worth the $22 for setting waypoint flights before heading out to fly?

All feedback is appreciated!

I bought my copy on Black Friday for $15, but if I hadn't scored that great deal I'd still buy it at $22.

Of what in particular? 360 panos are just photos (see my post above). I have many videos - but no *how to* vids. If y ou just want to see something pretty... Then here you go:
[emoji1]

Really Nice... Brought back many, many memories.. Thanks
I'm from the UK, but lived in Foresthill from 1988 ~2001, down near Auburn off I-80
Spent a lot of time around that area... These are from there.

IMG_0460.JPG

Really Nice... Brought back many, many memories.. Thanks
I'm from the UK, but lived in Foresthill from 1988 ~2001, down near Auburn off I-80
Spent a lot of time around that area... These are from there.

View attachment 30154
You may have gleaned that I'm from Nevada City - but we once made an offer on a house in Foresthill. It's a beautiful area.

I know exactly where you were standing when you shot that photo. [emoji3]
6c9c009b31db3c1bd847b5054dc978d2.jpg

If you look closely - the far side of Donner Lake is under a sheet of ice.

Yes, a lot to do Summer & Winter, and the historic elements of the Donner Party.
Went to Nevada City a couple of times, Firehouse Museum, Narrow Gauge Railway Museum
Also recollect going to a Brewery/Micro Brewery, nice beer and food.
Cheers..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705