DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Size comparison: Air 3 vs Mavic 3

Size difference pretty apparent.

Maybe the weight difference makes you expect a greater difference in footprint?

Reactions: Aairon
Maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing a huge size difference.
It shouldn't be a surprise.
The specs tell you what you could expect.

Mavic 3 Pro
:
Takeoff Weight 958 g

Dimensions
Folded (without propellers): 231.1×98×95.4 mm (L×W×H)
Unfolded (without propellers): 347.5×290.8×107.7 mm (L×W×H)

Air 3
Takeoff Weight 720 g

Dimensions
Folded (without propellers): 207×100.5×91.1 mm (L×W×H)
Unfolded (without propellers): 326×258.8×105.8 mm (L×W×H)

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Mavic 3 Pro:
Takeoff Weight 958 g

Dimensions

Air 3
Takeoff Weight 720 g

Dimensions
I guess my surprise was more so that it is not that much smaller compared to the Mavic 3 and quite a bit larger compared to the Air 2/2S. It seems like they could have made the Air 3 smaller.

Reactions: bonzo
There is doubt that I thought it was closer to the Air 2S size because it was an Air , this was a surprise for me as well and got me to keep my Air 2S as its the perfect size.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Maybe the larger size of the Air 3 was done on purpose,for the very reason of adding the larger camera module
for when the Air 3 is upgraded.To the Air 3S or whatever it will be called when that time comes.

What's struck me is not just that the Air 3 is much larger than my Air 2 but that it is slightly larger than my original Mavic Pro.

Reminds me of the size creep in cars, where the Civic became larger than the old Accord, the Corolla grew bigger than the early Camry, etc.

That said, I'm super impressed with the Air 3 (at least after returning a blurry-camera-ed copy to Amazon).

Maybe the larger size of the Air 3 was done on purpose,for the very reason of adding the larger camera module
for when the Air 3 is upgraded.To the Air 3S or whatever it will be called when that time comes.
So what is that you want in a potential Air 3S that isn't already in the Air 3 or in another already existing DJI drone?
What is missing for you?

Interesting. Are those gimbals the issue ones or are they extras you’ve acquired? Only ask as they look enormous but as they enclose part of the front arms you can’t forget to take the cover off as I have done on a couple of occasions. Good idea if they are.

Interesting. Are those gimbals the issue ones or are they extras you’ve acquired? Only ask as they look enormous but as they enclose part of the front arms you can’t forget to take the cover off as I have done on a couple of occasions. Good idea if they are.
Stock covers.

Reactions: twickers14

Mavic 3 Pro:
Takeoff Weight 958 g

Dimensions

Air 3
Takeoff Weight 720 g

Dimensions
Some of us have less time than others, working on big picture stuff.

Some of us have less time than others, working on big picture stuff.
In the time you spent taking and posting your comparison pictures, and creating and responding to this thread, you could have easily looked it up yourself, if size matters that much to you! LOL!

Reactions: Meta4
So what is that you want in a potential Air 3S that isn't already in the Air 3 or in another already existing DJI drone?
What is missing for you?
A 1" stacked sensor in the main camera.and keep the same 70mm second camera.Not much really for my sake
but listening to all of the crying about the main camera being smaller than the Air2s camera is already growing old.
I think what DJI did with the Air3 cameras being the same sensor size was a great idea.

In the time you spent taking and posting your comparison pictures, and creating and responding to this thread, you could have easily looked it up yourself, if size matters that much to you! LOL!
I probably could have but I was spending my time replying to you 😄

Dji clearly borrowed heavily from the success that is the Mavic 3 (and not the Air 2) when they designed their new Air 3. Their features and specs are practically identical and other than the cameras the Air 3 is just a slightly smaller Mavic 3.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima