DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skagit river estuary

kwilliam8

Reactions
Waiting for clear days in the Pacific Northwest has required some patience this winter. Never the less, here are some images of the Skagit river estuary. These images required some kayaking to get to a point where I could launch my Mavic 2 Pro. And this required proper tidal conditions and good weather. Good things come to those that wait!
Keith W.
20200309-DJI_0415-Edit-XL.jpg
20200309-DJI_0675-Edit-XL.jpg
20200309-DJI_0335-Edit-XL.jpg

Well done! Excellent composition as seen in image #1/#3 by limiting the amount of sky in the background. Also, the lines provide interest and pull the eye back into the image. Plus, image #2 is great!

Reactions: kwilliam8
Is Little Saigon still in the estuary ?

Never heard of it. There are a few hunting cabins in the estuary. A place called "fish town" was once present in the estuary of the North Fork of the Skagit River. I think there may be a few old homes still there, but I have not kayaked in that area. There are some homes/cabins along the eastern margins of the South Fork of the Skagit River (along Tom Moore Slough). But those two places are the only ones that I know of.

Thank you Kieth for sharing a part of the world I have not seen. You have been rewarded by good planning, hard work and great shots. That kayaking will keep you fit. Keep them coming as I spend most mornings enjoying such contributions to the forum.
Thanks mate from Down Under.

Reactions: kwilliam8
Thank you Kieth for sharing a part of the world I have not seen. You have been rewarded by good planning, hard work and great shots. That kayaking will keep you fit. Keep them coming as I spend most mornings enjoying such contributions to the forum.
Thanks mate from Down Under.

My pleasure! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
Keith W.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc