DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skin Pics Time!

My Mavic Air skin, also courtesy DecalGirl. The remote has the same motif, but I don't have a photo of it.

View attachment 64766

Larry
Looks great...how hard is it to apply? Do you think there's any issue with the covering trapping excess heat? I have the idea that a light colored skin would actually cause less heat than my black MA.

Looks great...how hard is it to apply? Do you think there's any issue with the covering trapping excess heat? I have the idea that a light colored skin would actually cause less heat than my black MA.
I must confess, I cheated when it came to applying the decals. My girlfriend has a ton more patience, and more finesse, than I'll ever have, and she applied the decals under my expert supervision. :) She told me it wasn't difficult at all, even though the skin consists of a bunch of different parts, of different sizes. We studied the layout together, and it all came together rather easily. It took less than half an hour altogether.

As to trapping heat, I've never read of any problems of that sort. I've certainly never experienced any problems myself. I usually fly under rather "temperate" conditions (neither tropical heat nor Arctic cold), so I'm hoping others might contribute their experiences in this area.

Larry

I received my Wrapgrade "Black Bumpy" Skins yesterday. I completely wrapped the drone with their A and B kits. I used the silver strip on the top rear of the drone which matches the original silver perfectly. It also came with an additional piece to match the rest of the drone just in case. The quality is amazing.

Attachments

• IMG_0902.JPG
    IMG_0902.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_9163.JPG
    IMG_9163.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 116
Hi Guy's,
Those decals look really cool, maybe a dumb question, these don't interfere with their reception or GPS or anything do they?
if not I may have to get one !!
Thanks
SteveP55

Decalgirl V08 Starfighter - M2Z. Love it!

Attachments

• 20181225_215228.jpg
    20181225_215228.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 20181225_215312.jpg
    20181225_215312.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-20181225_115101.jpg
    image-20181225_115101.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: Mav.phant.inspire
I’m a pretty new operator so really not had the opertunity to fly much after I put the skin on because of the weather here in Washington State, I doubt there very little if any, I’ve not noticed any on mine anyway.

Attachments

• D6962D10-9D8C-46A0-8DE3-EC0820C580BD.jpeg
    D6962D10-9D8C-46A0-8DE3-EC0820C580BD.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 54
My mavic pro is still "naked" now. Can anyone tell me, if there is any functional advantage to apply a skin on the plane? Thank you.

I got my Mavic Pro skins from Daniel Düsentrieb, eBay seller name Dankla, from Germany.

Great customer service via FB Messenger. Cost for the 5 battery set was around US$35 I think. Currency conversion.

I originally found him on one of the Mavic Pro drone Facebook pages. Fast shipping as well. I told him one of the panels had a cutout that didn't align exactly right with the DJI logo. (Yes, he cuts out to show the logos and stripes on the arms, etc.)

This past week, I received a free replacement set with that panel fixed. Not just the panel, a full free set of decals. I didn't ask, nor expect this action to happen. He suspended his offers on eBay while making the changed, to prevent any unhappy buyers.
20181212_055250.jpegScreenshot_20190309-140446_Messenger.jpeg

put together a small video of the accessories and the Fire rose skin... these skins are awesome fit very well.... a small tip for us folks that need to apply the FAA number on the outside.... I took some clear adhesive sheets... created a cool font with a nice gradient color to match the skin with a little outline on the font... sized it,, then printed on the clear adhesive... then cut it out to fit the back leg just like the skin portion was cut. Applied it over the skin... looks great and fits right in,,, If you happen to watch the video,,, look for the last clip... The drone is spinning slowly and if you freeze the frame you just may catch a glimpse of it... you wont be able to see the whole number for obvious reasons...LOL... but at least a hint of it so you may get the idea... Decal girl is considering making some prints for this new outside labeling feature , I did my contact info the same way on the other back leg. cool part is you can apply this clear adhesive in other areas if you want a larger font... but it just needs to be legible. be sure to watch in large screen mode... then freeze or pause when only 11 seconds left in vid,,, you will see the partial number...... Luv the Mav Air.. Decal Girl sure helps to dress it up

Love the colors, where you can purchase the skin?
you can find decalgirl on web and Facebook... plenty of designs in each model of the Mavics... and if no skiuns you like,,, then you can apply your own artwork,, resize it,, move it around etc. to the app with the skin layout pattern,,, then they can print it our for you,,, cant go wrong with this one.. all the details as to holes for light functions etc...

Does anyone know of anyone that prints custom skins Decal Girl says see can't do it also is there anyone that has a pdf or jpg full size that I can down load to photo shop the design on so folks understand what I want.

Reactions: chris moss
Does anyone know of anyone that prints custom skins Decal Girl says see can't do it also is there anyone that has a pdf or jpg full size that I can down load to photo shop the design on so folks understand what I want.
why did she say she couldn't print the custom... were they worried about a copyright of sorts maybe. either way,, that bites... Idont know of anyone else as of yet... but the bummer part is,,, they were great in the design and it was well cut out for all of the lighting indicators both on the drone and batteries... There should be a few more,,, just keep googling skins for drones... also look into skins for tablets and phones... you should find plenty more skin printers.

Reactions: Rambler22
Here is my Mavic two Zoom with Caribbean blue

Attachments

• BDA272FE-57E1-43CF-AFF4-0EA52886B957.jpeg
    BDA272FE-57E1-43CF-AFF4-0EA52886B957.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 5D7083C7-D2D3-4970-B597-ACBE9ADF1B62.jpeg
    5D7083C7-D2D3-4970-B597-ACBE9ADF1B62.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads