DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

Ordered a custom skin based on the A10 snow camouflage. I wanted to be able to find it and we rarely get lasting snow here in the U.K. That was 2 days 13th Jan, after I'd swapped from Heliguy to DJI. So the custom skin arrived early last week but still no Mavic!
View media item 332I'll update when it turns up an applied.

Ordered a custom skin based on the A10 snow camouflage. I wanted to be able to find it and we rarely get lasting snow here in the U.K. That was 2 days 13th Jan, after I'd swapped from Heliguy to DJI. So the custom skin arrived early last week but still no Mavic!
View media item 332I'll update when it turns up an applied.
I feel your pain.

I ordered from tacoRc and I will never order from them again I called shipping to see what's going on wth my order, they could be 3 or 4 weeks.. had I known this I never would have ordered.

2b153512b0271f4b073e8840d3d59e85.jpg

Can't go wrong with sopiguard [emoji106][emoji120]

As soon as I get mine in I'll post pics. I've ordered two skin's. Carbon fiber orange and the Gadsden flag.

Pablo, You made a very clever choice.
Our products are not cheap, but we do everything to maintain that quality.
If I buy a skin in U.S. from Japan I will pay around $ 40.

EMS shipment is for people in a hurry.
Some of the place, EMS is cheaper than UPS.

And shipping to the UK takes less time than display.
The display of the site, days the maximum value.
Mailing from Japan to the UK is not too risky.
And we will post your order on next Monday.
Because there is no tracking, there is no way to know when it will arrive.
Please let me know what time it has arrived.
I would like to know how long shipping takes, I don't like TacoRC cause the shipping is way to long I want something I can get the same week like if I order Monday i can get it by Friday. I live in Canada. Can someone point me to a company that ships fast and no hassle Please & thank you. I also ordered a Mavmount and that isn't shipping as fast as I would like either and that's coming from the US, they told me it wold ship Saturday & shipping still says not label made, not picked for delivery. This is why I hat ordering online.

Do the skins possibly attenuate the gps signal? I assume the gps antenna is under the top of the drone, possibly some other sensors/antennas. Some of the decals look metallic in nature but perhaps there is no metal in them? Assuming they dont have any metalic paint, etc i assume they are fine ?

Keep the pics coming ... I love seeing what ppl have done to their mavics !!!
Thanks for posting Yours, I ordered same pattern and its reassuring to see that you are pleased with it. :D

Do the skins possibly attenuate the gps signal? I assume the gps antenna is under the top of the drone, possibly some other sensors/antennas. Some of the decals look metallic in nature but perhaps there is no metal in them? Assuming they dont have any metalic paint, etc i assume they are fine ?
Skins should not affect signal, they are too thin and gps+glonass antenna is under thicker plastic of the drone shell anyway. Compared to that thicknes of the vinyl is meaningless. My handheld Garmin seems fine working under ~5cm of fiberglass and wood.

About second part, one of manufacturers on its website claimed that their metalic paints use metalized powder but due to it beeing extremly fine and not uniform metal shell it doesn't affect signals. Can't remember where I saw it. Might be on dronewraps japanesee page.

I would like to know how long shipping takes, I don't like TacoRC cause the shipping is way to long I want something I can get the same week like if I order Monday i can get it by Friday. I live in Canada. Can someone point me to a company that ships fast and no hassle Please & thank you. I also ordered a Mavmount and that isn't shipping as fast as I would like either and that's coming from the US, they told me it wold ship Saturday & shipping still says not label made, not picked for delivery. This is why I hat ordering online.
We can ship right a way.
If you order today, We will ship tomorrow (Tuesday).
If the delivery method is EMS, It will arrive on Vancouver 5 days, Montreal 5 days.
EMS can track the following points.
(Posted,Departed from export office,Arrived at destination import office,Arrived at post office and Delivered)
*There is a possibility that it will not arrive on Friday.

About second part, one of manufacturers on its website claimed that their metalic paints use metalized powder but due to it beeing extremly fine and not uniform metal shell it doesn't affect signals. Can't remember where I saw it. Might be on dronewraps japanesee page.
About our metallic color wrap matelial.
This material is manufactured by 3M and it says that aluminum is contained.
They are not testing electromagnetic waves.
It is probably because it assumes that it sticks to the metal plate of the vehicle.

From a general scientific point of view...
Except for specially made for radio attenuation,
the metal powder dispersed in the medium needs to
have a thickness of 1/4 or more of the wavelength in order to attenuate radio waves.

*Mavic and the transmitter are communicating at 2.4 Ghz
*GPS Radio wave is L1 Band 1575.42 MHz, L2 Band(1227.6 MHz)

For example, required thickness for the shortest wavelength 2.4 Ghz is approximately 12.5cm,
1/4 of the wavelength is approximately 3 cm
3 cm corresponds to over 200 times of our wrap.

In addition, PVC does not shield radio waves at all.

Therefore, in theory our metallic wrap will not interfere with radio waves.
Even in fact, we can not find a difference between the transmitter and the GPS sensitivity of Mavic.
Thank you.

Last edited:
No, no heat at all, the instructions specifically state not to use heat.
The pieces are very well cut and overlap in strategic places for almost total coverage.
It did take a while to apply, a few hours actually but i was being pedantic.
I was following the installation vid on YT one piece at a time making sure every piece was located correctly before continuing. The kit is very good, just wish i had another mavic so i could do another.
This is the first one in Australia Im told.
View attachment 4520 View attachment 4521 View attachment 4522

That looks amazing cuz you cant see large gaps in your seems. Thats the difference with that company DroneWrap...they provide the cuts needed to do an authentic wrap job. I would use some form of spray on adhesive where the corners are tricky so you won't get any peeling , stubborn areas etc. heat can shrink/wrinkle or distort the thin stuff used for these kits. If you want the absolute best possible look you should buy a roll of high quality premium grade auto wrap that is on par with what you would put on an exotic sports car instead of the quality seen on like a cell phone cover etc ... its thick and stretches with a little heat so it keeps perfect form on rounded edges then the tack spray seals the deal. There are some very talented wrappers out there and i promise they wouldnt use a kit like we see on ebay etc... this dronewrap kit is the closest thing to a high grade roll wrap that I have seen. The mavics they wrap for their adds are even better looking than this guy did so there could be room for improvement even. Its all in the skills n technique used to apply the wrap. The stencil cuts are nice but really they are for huge time savings because if you wrap by roll eventually you will end up making all those lil pieces one by one yourself.. its a ton of work tho, almost worth buying a kit like this dronewrap company makes to use as a base stencil then improve it from there if needed. my.02
63400f85115539ac9c3bf93d0ecd5e1c.jpg
19c915e49a8e6b2c32e8ac47fbcf8eca.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661