DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skin's to prevent bird attacks?

I had yellow and no issue with large flocks of seagulls and other birds. They just move away from it. I bought it to see it from farther away and to have something different than other mavic owners. But it seems like a lot of people keep getting this color. So I got a new skin that I’ve never seen another with. Hopefully this one will work as well.

Flip into Sport mode and you can get the heck outta Dodge very quickly . Obstacle avoidance is disabled so you won't have to worry about it just stopping midair to give the attacking bird a tempting sitting duck target .
I had a problem today with a hawk. I am on holiday in the uk, I was near a quiet beach, out over water, just flew over a rocky area, and was on the way home back to the beach. Then obstacle avoidance kicked in. I could not move. I span it around and a hawk was attacking the drone. (I’m sure I got it recorded I will post it later). Anyway. All I wanted to do is get home, I thought all was lost. I turned it to sport as i thought I would have more luck myself trying top gun avoidance than the drone but it said something like can’t turn avoidance off due to high risk area (assuming the beach). Arrrhhh. I manage to get it home somehow with no damage. It was a lucky day.

So, I live in the George Washington National Forest (BlueRidge Mtns, Virginia). We have Bald & Golden Eagle, Red Tail Hawks (4' Wingspan) and Turkey Vultures (6' wingspan). I avoid the eagles and hawks as they are fearless, but I chase the vultures away with the Mavic. They were going to build a nest just above my new solar array, so every time they'd land in the nearby trees, I'd fire up the Mavic and chase them off! Probably illegal, but you're not allowed to shoot them and chasing them with the drone worked to make them find a different nesting site and it didn't hurt them at all!

EDIT:
I lost my Mavic yesterday, brand new, fully charged battery failed after 10 minutes, crashed in the woods! Battery went from 53% to 3% in seconds, it took over 2 hours to get to where the app says it crashed, so the battery was dead, no lights or sounds. The canopy & ground cover is so thick it's nearly impossible to find it. If anyone has any serious way to help me locate it, I'd appriecate any help. Please, no snyde remarks from the peanut gallery. I feel bad enough already! BTW, it was a NEW DJI Battery!

Last edited:
... I lost my Mavic yesterday, brand new, fully charged battery failed after 10 minutes, crashed in the woods! Battery went from 53% to 3% in seconds, it took over 2 hours to get to where the app says it crashed, so the battery was dead, no lights or sounds. The canopy & ground cover is so thick it's nearly impossible to find it. If anyone has any serious way to help me locate it, I'd appriecate any help. Please, no snyde remarks from the peanut gallery. I feel bad enough already! BTW, it was a NEW DJI Battery!
Recommend you post this in the “Flyaway and Crash Assistance topic area of the forum for optimal help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll