DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins

Mel 08

Reactions
The multiple adverts for skins are saying waterproof
What I've seen this means the skins are made of waterproof materials
Is there anything out there that actually seals the drone making it capable of flying in the rain
Cheers Mel

Is there anything out there that actually seals the drone making it capable of flying in the rain
Cheers Mel

You might consider these units as they were designed so the Air 2 can fly in the pouring Rain !

Screenshot 05-29-2020 20.55.01.jpg

Cheers Mel
There are some that say the waterproof skins and suits help you fly in the rain. There are others of us (including myself) who say it doesn't matter and that our consumer drones are not made to fly in the rain. Ask for scientific studies/proof for the validity of the claims these manufacturers make and you shall soon hear nothing but crickets.

There are some that say the waterproof skins and suits help you fly in the rain. There are others of us (including myself) who say it doesn't matter and that our consumer drones are not made to fly in the rain. Ask for scientific studies/proof for the validity of the claims these manufacturers make and you shall soon hear nothing but crickets.
\Yes 150 Crickets to be exact that is how many videos we have such as this one, I love this its a combo.

The best scientific study we have done is something everyone can do , just fly your drone for a few minutes in the pouring rain and check the battery for a small coy pond and you might notice the Power Button may start flashing, a good sign your battery is compromised.

This is why you not only have to seal the battery air tight but you need to protect that power button just for starters.

Than we have the day of the Earth Quake

Last one this is a guy in Ireland who made this for us. Really awesome he did this for us.

I think its awesome that the Wet suits Work at night also. ;)

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your mavic in and out of the storm.
Coal

Last edited:
Reactions: E90RAW
Reactions: ross_impress
\Yes 150 Crickets to be exact that is how many videos we have such as this one, I love this its a combo.

The best scientific study we have done is something everyone can do , just fly your drone for a few minutes in the pouring rain and check the battery for a small coy pond and you might notice the Power Button may start flashing, a good sign your battery is compromised.

This is why you not only have to seal the battery air tight but you need to protect that power button just for starters.

Than we have the day of the Earth Quake

Last one this is a guy in Ireland who made this for us. Really awesome he did this for us.

I think its awesome that the Wet suits Work at night also. ;)

Earthquakes in Ohio=Fracking??? The lightening video is AWESOME. Would love to see the video from the drone.

Earthquakes in Ohio=Fracking??? The lightening video is AWESOME. Would love to see the video from the drone.

Yeah I would love to post that video but I may have broken some height rules : best I can do is show you some Pictures of that day.

So its pitch black out side until a bolt hits, Were on Tornado Watch after having some 30 Tornados touch down .

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-1381x763.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-10-57-06-PM-5dd4e6ca0a2e7-1381x771.png

Than I capture this as the Entire sky lights up from the Bolt of Lightning. its pouring down rain, the wind out of control and my drone being tested to the max.
These our the adventures I really love to get on the drone. I do hope to post another group of pictures one day without getting screamed at to death. lol

So you will have to be happy with these for now.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-10-54-35-PM-5dd4e6bb349bb-1381x778.png

Reactions: E90RAW
Yeah I would love to post that video but I may have broken some height rules : best I can do is show you some Pictures of that day.

So its pitch black out side until a bolt hits, Were on Tornado Watch after having some 30 Tornados touch down .

View attachment 103537

View attachment 103535

Than I capture this as the Entire sky lights up from the Bolt of Lightning. its pouring down rain, the wind out of control and my drone being tested to the max.
These our the adventures I really love to get on the drone. I do hope to post another group of pictures one day without getting screamed at to death. lol

So you will have to be happy with these for now.

View attachment 103538
AWESOME!

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Is it possible to order skins for MA2 air within eu?
It will surely be a very expensive shipping from US with customs & VAT.
I live in Sweden.

Is it possible to order skins for MA2 air within eu?
It will surely be a very expensive shipping from US with customs & VAT.
I live in Sweden.
That's a UK company doing them, didn't find them before ordering the ones I did

I don’t understand how applying patches of adhesive backed neoprene over the already solid plastic parts of your drone is making it waterproof...

Is it ok that rain is going into the openings of the motors?

Last edited:
Also, I don’t accept that flying the drones in the rain serves as proof of anything..

I have flown drones in the rain before, and yep, you can absolutely get away with it. Acute catastrophic failure will not happen..

However, if this became a sustained practice I’d have some concerns that I was reducing the life of the drone. I really don’t think it’s great to have water going into the coils of the electric motors, and dampness getting into the PCBs in the body of the drone...

At $99 a pop, I’m guessing that you can likely afford to use a drone as a sacrificial lamb for these demos.

And perhaps flying the drone in heavy rains all the time IS fine,... How is it any thanks to these neoprene patches?

Also, I don’t accept that flying the drones in the rain serves as proof of anything..

I have flown drones in the rain before, and yep, you can absolutely get away with it. Acute catastrophic failure will not happen..

However, if this became a sustained practice I’d have some concerns that I was reducing the life of the drone. I really don’t think it’s great to have water going into the coils of the electric motors, and dampness getting into the PCBs in the body of the drone...

At $99 a pop, I’m guessing that you can likely afford to use a drone as a sacrificial lamb for these demos.

And perhaps flying the drone in heavy rains all the time IS fine,... How is it any thanks to these neoprene patches?
Pretty obvious
The skin stops the rain getting in

Pretty obvious
The skin stops the rain getting in

Oh is that right? Putting the patches over the already solid plastic parts of the drone “obviously” prevents water from going in? Are the ventilation openings still present?

Also, do these also help to prevent moisture from getting between the lens glass and the lens itself?

Oh is that right? Putting the patches over the already solid plastic parts of the drone “obviously” prevents water from going in? Are the ventilation openings still present?
Instead of being so negative about something you clearly haven't looked at why don't you look at the website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird